Early Days

DJMC

I am new too the world of recumbents but the more I looked at the different options out there the more I thought the Cruzbike would be for me. Luckily, I found a beautiful S30 in the Marketplace Forum and I am ready to get started.

I picked up the bike just as the shipping depot was closing so I only had time to set it up and get it on the carrier before dark. The next day we drove out to the Olympic Peninsula. Eventually we found weigh station that was closed. It was perfect, no traffic and good clear pavement. The learning curve was pretty manageable. I had a few minor tumbles because I was going too slow through the turns and bringing the wheel too far around. Once I had that straightened out I was much more comfortable. As you will see in the my fast action video I was still sitting forward to set a more upright posture, similar to the seat angle on old versions of the Silvio.

Day 2 my wife and I did 7 miles of bike path from Port Angeles to Ediz Hook and back. Most of the way I was properly reclined on the seat and maneuvering comfortably.

Day 3 was parking lot practice with 90 minutes of turning and figure 8's. Day 4 was a 10 mile ride on a packed gravel oceanside bike and walking path.

The bike is giving me a full body workout as I am still moving my upper body forward when I want to ensure I can make a delicate maneuver. It just feel more natural to be closer to what is often called the ready position in sports, like a short stop, slight crouch, head up and hands in front. I am also using this position to help me see objects in my peripheral vision.

Clearly, I need to add a set of mirrors to see what is approaching from the rear. When starting on the gravel path I did feel some wheel slippage.

Every day I am becoming more comfortable with the full reclined position and learning to relax.

I am absolutely loving the bike and it certainly gets a lot of comments.

bladderhead

Zen MBB Master
Wheel-spin on gravel. We can all do that. It will be decreasingly problematical.

Leaning forward when going slowly? That is the way to do it. That video suggests that you are a fast learner. You are going to like this machine.

RAR

I am new too the world of recumbents but the more I looked at the different options out there the more I thought the Cruzbike would be for me. Luckily, I found a beautiful S30 in the Marketplace Forum and I am ready to get started.

I picked up the bike just as the shipping depot was closing so I only had time to set it up and get it on the carrier before dark. The next day we drove out to the Olympic Peninsula. Eventually we found weigh station that was closed. It was perfect, no traffic and good clear pavement. The learning curve was pretty manageable. I had a few minor tumbles because I was going too slow through the turns and bringing the wheel too far around. Once I had that straightened out I was much more comfortable. As you will see in the my fast action video I was still sitting forward to set a more upright posture, similar to the seat angle on old versions of the Silvio.

Day 2 my wife and I did 7 miles of bike path from Port Angeles to Ediz Hook and back. Most of the way I was properly reclined on the seat and maneuvering comfortably.

Day 3 was parking lot practice with 90 minutes of turning and figure 8's. Day 4 was a 10 mile ride on a packed gravel oceanside bike and walking path.

The bike is giving me a full body workout as I am still moving my upper body forward when I want to ensure I can make a delicate maneuver. It just feel more natural to be closer to what is often called the ready position in sports, like a short stop, slight crouch, head up and hands in front. I am also using this position to help me see objects in my peripheral vision.

Clearly, I need to add a set of mirrors to see what is approaching from the rear. When starting on the gravel path I did feel some wheel slippage.

Every day I am becoming more comfortable with the full reclined position and learning to relax.

Good job and welcome. Mirrors are a must for most, if not all of us, look in the acc. dept. of the "Z" home site. Wheel slippage is something to take note of since it is the steering wheel also.

Rick

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
I have a V20 and if I hit gravel I sit upright pretty quickly. The Cruzbike really gives you a total body workout.

Bienvenido

JOSEPHWEISSERT

Zen MBB Master

Mirrors? An absolute necessity, in my opinion. It's the only way to protect yourself from texters, drunks, and those trying to teach you a lesson. And be patient regarding learning to ride. Your brain has to adapt, which only comes with time and practice. You might get frustrated and bruised up, but adaptation will happen in time. Then comes the payoff: happiness.