Enough for a team yet?

joy

Sorry to be so dumb, but what starting banner? I usually just pick a time and ride, no starting banner. How do I ride with someone? I have done group rides where you just join, but have never ridden with a non organized group. Thanks. Joy

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
Start banner is the inflatable arch you ride through within the first couple hundred meters after logging on. If you would like to stop under it make sure to stop pedaling early so you avatar doesn't coast strait past it. You can always pedal a little more if you stop to soon.

Riding with someone can be done two ways

1. Meet somewhere on course at a certain time after selecting the same route and just ride.

2. Friend/follow that person via the phone or iPad app before staring zwift. Now when you start zwift your friends will show up right at the top of the current riders list in bright orange. This is the screen after pairing your devices, the screen where you select your route, group rides or workouts. The riders list should be in the middle above the big ride button. When you click on their name you should get the option to ride with friend. If you click that you'll be teleported to wherever they currently are on course and no matter what course you had selected it should change it to whatever they are currently riding.

If any of this is confusing I suggest firing up discord first so one of us can walk you through the first time. If you need help with discord setup I suggest exchanging phone numbers with someone already setup like Connie so you can call them for tech support to get discord going. Larry was having trouble with discord till he called me then I got him sorted out in a couple mins.

Suz

Good question I will fix this now. 7:30 EST really hope you can make it!

Hi Connie, I may not make it because it's 5:30 here and I'm the worst morning person I know.
I did figure out discord tonight. So I'll be ready to go another day.

Suz

How does Friday at 11:00 a.m EST sound, Joy and Suz. Do you guys have a route you would like to take? Hope we can have a few more riders. We’ll be doing discord again.

Yes that works for me! I'm so new, I don't have a good opinion on rides yet. I'll do one you all choose. I downloaded discord, so that's ready.

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
Gee wizzz. My heart was with you Connie. I might just have to get that tv set after all. Is there a smart trainer out there that rocks so you can power up the hills in zwift? Being black Friday... I might be able to buy something on the cheap.

Suz

Not the best executed plan to ever happen but we will get this if everyone sticks with it. My discord problem has already been resolved. Ready to try again next week.

I have my membership issues resolved as well. Ready to try it again!!

joy

I ride mornings , afternoons and night depending on our schedule. I will probably do a morning ride Wednesday if you want to get together then.
I think I’ll actually get to ride outside tomorrow, but I’ll keep checking here for Zwift rides.

Reactions: Suz