Ergon Hand grips.... why not? Silvio 2.0 handle bar diameter?

Wannabe

I have a set of these left over from other bents. I wanted to try, but the handle bar is just a bit to big around!!!! The Silvio 2.0 bars are to big of a diameter....

I just want to put them on and give them a try. The hole on the grip is just a bit to small. Looks like about 1/16 of an inch.

http://www.ergon-bike.com/us/en/product/gp1-biokork

?ANY IDEAS?

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
Yeah Wannabe, those won't fit

Yeah Wannabe, those won't fit the any of the road bike drop bars. In fact to my knowledge, none of the fat bar grips will fit drop bars. Drop bars are a larger dia than flat bars. I have a bunch of the ergon grips too. But not to fear, if you are looking for more padding, just either double tape or use gel pads under the tape, you can even get creative and couture the area where your hands go.

I've never used drop bars until the Silvio, it took me a little while to get used the feel...I now like the feel a lot.

Ivan

Guru
Don't think it can be done

Don't think it can be done due to difference in handlebar diameter. The Ergon grips are great. I use them on my DF with flat handlebars. But they are good for distributing weight on the palm - a problem one doesn't have with recumbents. Plus they are heavy so I don't see any positives for having them in a Cruzbike.

Wannabe

Ivan,
I had them so I thought

Ivan,
I had them so I thought I would give them a try. Weight wise, since it is not a rotating mass... not that important. I had visions that it would make it easy to hold onto a shape verses a straight tube. I was thinking this would come in handy for those rides over 50 miles or days of riding back to back.

I could have bored them out. But that would have negated being able to sell them. I might still try it, as in my mind it makes sense. OTHO, have I lost my mind? .......... only the shawdow knows....LOL

Nothing ventured nothing gained....Right?

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
What you can do with the drop

What you can do with the drop bars is use padding under the tape - or double tape - or use gel pads under the tape. You can even shape the hand-bar-area with padding under the tape.