eTap..... squweeeeeeeee

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
I hear-by invoke Law 1 of 3 an point out that it's official finally.

SRAM RED eTAP Wireless Shifting

Cruzbike setup and adjustability will never be the same again.

ratz

Pricey but that's for the whole groupo. None of us would want the full groupset unless building a bike from scratch and even then that's questionable. As soon as you can get 2 brifters; 2 derailleurs and the battery charging set on ebay this should be very comparable and hopefully cheaper or comparable to Di2 since you wont' be buying wires, junction boxes, ant+ transmitters etc. Take out the hassles of drilling the frame mounting batteries, fishing wires etc etc, I'm guessing this will be a winner. The only disappoint right now is the 28T limit.

Looks like $1180 in GBP after VAT; so on-liners will make that available from there without the VAT so probably $880-950 on the street. Not too bad for year 1 prices.

Last edited:

super slim

Zen MBB Master
Ratz, when can we expect a report on the installation, and tuning of a SRAM RED eTAP Wireless Shifting system.

This will make all the SRAM devotees happy!!!!

When will MTB versions to handle 36T or even 42 T be released??

ratz

Sorry slim won't be me this time. We'll probably skip the 2016 v20 and do the 2017s which will be the first year we can show up for a race schedule. Perhaps by then we can run BB30 too. (Have to buy a house and move next summer). So unless someone wants to buy a really nice used yellow vendetta and Silvio 2.1 it won't be me reviewing it. Baring a crash of course, I took out a brifter last week but not enough damage to justify a switch and frankly 2 crashes in 1 training season is 2 too many.

ratz

Whats the deal with so many crashes?
#1 tire blew off the rim at 22mph my fault too cheap to put a new rim strip on the wheel. #2 I rounded a corner at 20mph At dusk and discovered an illegally unmarked section of fresh chip seal with two inch deep pea gravel. I got construction firm fined for that oversight. Never had a chance either time 2seconds to the pavement. My supply of tegraderm is running low. Fortunately only cosmetic damage to the brifter and dérailleur but gonna need need handle bars next year as a lot of material ground off of those both times.

super slim

Zen MBB Master
Has ratz bought a set of energy absorbing elbow pads?

I am glad you got the slack company fined as there could have been LOTS of fellow riders hitting the ground

ratz

Sorry to hear this. I thought you ran tubeless?
Indeed tubeless on all the fast bikes; I damaged the rim strip that seals the tire spoke holes. It slide ever so slightly into the bead lock area; then I installed fresh test Schwable Ones on those rims and they really weren't made for the narrower rim bead. Totally mechanic error. So when I say blew the tire off the rim it indeed completely disengaged from the rim in dramatic fashion.

Has ratz bought a set of energy absorbing elbow pads?
I have hip pad shorts for supper long distance rides they are great. This was suppose to be a recovery ride in the neighborhoods at night; never figured I need them.

What's the deal... Rats is Larry in disguise
I crash so larry doesn't have to ....

Last edited:

super slim

Zen MBB Master
But he DID, when he could not say the famous line"Shut up legs!!!" and they do what they are told to!!!

NOT cramp up in protest for all that hard work they were forced to do by their master!!!