Fairing on a Cruzbike?

Has anyone tried attaching a fairing to a Cruzbike. I have seen some large fairings on other recumbent, such as the one manufactured by Streamer, but they look like they would make the bike a bit unwieldy in windy weather. I was thinking of something smaller, that attached to the handlebars, that deflected the air flow over the rider’s head.

Fairing on a Sofrider!

I decided to put a fairing on my Sofrider because:
- I liked the Streamer on my HP Velotechnik Spirit
- I wanted to build one light fairing myself at low costs (<100EUR) and low efforts and see how it would work

Results - positive:
- it keeps your feet from freezing when touring near 0 C
- it keeps your legs and hands dry in moderate rain
- you do not have to put so much sunblocker on your naked legs in the hot sun
- you can still park it with the stand, turning the front wheel to the right
- the high position of the front light allows for fine tuning the distance

Results - less positive:
- the whole structure in the front is yet more heavy - indeed the bike gains about 500grams-1kg weight
- the bike is wider, needs more space to park
- the sail feeling in tailwind is less than of the Streamer
- the aerodynamic improvement in headwinds is less than of the Streamer (both effects thanks to the roundness of the Streamer)
- you have to mind how to park the bike if it is windy

Here some pictures - Sofrider with fairing

As you can see:
- the fairing&acute;s not too stable, but on the other hand you can remove it loosening only three bolts
- when taking the fairing down, the alternative position of the head light, is on the front end of the boom.

As the weather is cool now I keep the fairing.

Greetings

Ernest

benphyr

Guru-me-not
Hi Ernest, ( @Cruzbike-in-Germany )

As the pictures seem to have been wiped out in the web update a few years ago, do you have any that you could post. I have a conversion kit that I am thinking of playing with a fairing. Especially of interest to me is attachment points and method.

Cheers,
Ben.