Finally.....

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
Omg.... it's 80f (54f yesterday) pardon me I shall now ride, I don't even have to go fast; I think I'll just ride the vendetta slow and let people wonder how fast I could go if I tried. Sort of like the guy slow driving a porche on purpose.... oh and it's 80f did I mention that .... now where the heck are my shoes...

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
Omg.... it's 80f (54f yesterday) pardon me I shall now ride, I don't even have to go fast; I think I'll just ride the vendetta slow and let people wonder how fast I could go if I tried. Sort of like the guy slow driving a porche on purpose.... oh and it's 80f did I mention that .... now where the heck are my shoes...
I'm happy for you Bob, glad to see ya finally got some great weather to ride in.

Talk about a slow ride. 99% of the time, I ride by myself. Well today I accidentally caught up with one my recumbent riding buddies. It was so cool to ride by side and chit-chat - moving speed was about 13 mph, just easy and slow and enjoying the beautiful sunny day. And you know, the head breeze felt great too:). I wish I could do this on my own, but don't think I can on a Silvio or Vendetta :rolleyes:!

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
Hey that's weird, yesterday I had the pleasure of my brother dropping in from Florida, He's the cool dude in my profile picture in black. He doesn't think he has any limits (something that we both share) so we have a great time. It was 26c , which is 78.8f. My brother is a gadget freak always using the latest gadgets - a bit like all of us. Well he brought a couple of things for me to check out. One of them is an apple iwatch and the other a Jabra blue tooth wireless earphone set. The earphone set just blew me away. Who the hell needs a $700+ apple watch when there is a Jabra blue tooth earphone set?

Well we used a personal wireless hotspot on our iPhones, used viber so we could talk to each other continuously whilst having a relaxing ride. He was on a mountain bike grunting and I was just cruising on the V. Perfect. The added bonus is that the Jabra (Kidabra) earphone set has a heart rate monitor that sends heart rate data to runtastic. The earbuds have the added benefit of being yellow, the same as the V.

I really hate having anything tied around my wrist, the HRT monitor on the watch works well but if you want to see it you have to take your hand of the handlebar to look at it ... then the display comes on. The added bonus with the earbuds is they fit the ear canal really well blocking out the sound of the wind. Because the other rider is behind you, you hear all the oncoming traffic coming up behind him through his microphone. So perfect!

He also was brave enough to have a go on the V. He even got his feet to the pedals and rode for 75 yards so I think he maybe considering a V or an S next. Especially after 40 miles that we rode yesterday! He enjoyed it so much he said you ought to have some sort of riding school and go for tours.

IMG_9149.JPG IMG_9146.PNG

80 F. That's too warm for my tastes.
Who the hell needs a $700+ apple watch when there is a Jabra blue tooth earphone set?

I really hate having anything tied around my wrist, the HRT monitor on the watch works well but if you want to see it you have to take your hand of the handlebar to look at it ... then the display comes on.

Funny how things like this work. For me the one advantage of potentially buying an Apple Watch is that it would put my Continuous Glucose Monitor data on my wrist instead of having to fish in my pocket for the meter or my insulin pump. Dexcom was one of the medical monitoring aps that Apple demonstrated when they launched the Watch. Some of those of us with T1d rig a mount on their handlebars for a spare CGM meter, but they're not weather proof. I love how my insulin pump now has a built in CGM so I can actually ride with only the pump and not both. But I still need to stop and fish out my pump when doing a quick glucose check. Having the data on my wrist would be a huge improvement.

Last edited: