First 1,500 Miles

Charles.Plager

Recumbent Quant
Hi,

After my last few rides, I now have a total just over 1,500 miles (some pictures of the latest rides included). I (along with most others here) took a gamble on a funny looking bike I never saw in person and I can sincerely say, I'm very pleased.

Cheers,
Charles

fthills

Hi Charles,
I like the write

Hi Charles,

I like the write up, but I really like the photos. It adds an extra dimension of satisfaction seeing things come to life in a photograph.
I also like the blue color of the frame .

This is not a criticism but an observation: your shifter cables take a big loop ,especially the right one in the picture taken from behind the bike. Do they come up against your thigh or knee as you're riding ? If shifting is good and there's no contact with the legs or it doesn't bother you then it's best left alone. By the same token both brake cables are slightly short from the look of it in that they bend a little as they emerge from the handle . Same applies: if it works it's fine, best left alone.

I have trouble getting the handlebar setup looking great , so much so I don't have bar tape on mine yet, whilst other setups look like a work of art . Keep the photos coming!

Charles.Plager

Recumbent Quant
Hi,
Thanks!  I'm not thrilled

Hi,

Thanks! I'm not thrilled with any of the cable routings, but, as you point out, since none of them rub and everything is functioning well, I'm leaving them alone. Given that the handlebars that the Sofrider has, I figure it would never be that pretty anyway (unlike the Silvio or Vendetta where one could wrap away the cables). :) When I installed my airhorn, I left its cable too loose and that was rubbing against my leg and drove me nuts (so that's now fixed).

Cheers,
Charles

TJ671

Update

Charles,

A great ride report, I really enjoy your ride blogs. I was born and raised in Upstate New York and really miss that crisp air and changing leaves in fall. We don't get much of that here in Texas, but you can ride just about all year long.

Tim

Charles.Plager

Recumbent Quant
Hi Tim,
Thanks!  We are about

Hi Tim,

Thanks! We are about to enter leaf-changing time full blast here (fall is probably my favorite season). Of course, just after that, I'll have to really struggle to find some good riding in the winter.

My latest ride report in my blog has more about hills (both successes and failures).

Cheers,
Charles