First Cruz ride

Tohopko

Many thanks to Robert for showing me around at Rose City Recumbents and formally introducing me to the Cruzbikes. I know Robert was giving up more of his Saturday than he intended to show me the bikes and let me try them out.

I'm happy to say..."what's all the hub-bub about?" Okay, so maybe I wasn't perfectly graceful about turning around in the very narrow streets around the shop, but I am not quite sure I could have made the same turn at the same speed (slow) on my Corsa. The bike was set up a little long for me and it still felt great! I am still not certain that a Vendetta will be my new "fast" toy, but I can certainly see some benefits. Pushing the pedals was an instant response, and it really seemed far to easy to get up to speed quickly. I wish I had been wearing my helmet, 'cause the headrest without one was more comfortable any other reclined seat headrest I have felt--and I want to know it feels the same with a helmet on.

Curiously, it seemed the harder I pushed, the more my oscillations decreased. Just seemed easier to get the arms in synch with a little more gear resistance. Overall, I would say it's easy to read the hype (including all the "how to" instructions) and get a little freaked out before your first ride. It was certainly no more difficult or nerve-wracking than my first recumbent ride--and may have well been less so. For a recumbent-experienced person, there really shouldn't be much of a transition. There is some...I can pedal through a turn without striking a heel!!!

Once again, many thanks to Robert and the whole forum here. Now I have much to think about :)

bladderhead

Zen MBB Master
Why is there only one Rose

Why is there only one Rose City in the universe?

If there was a Rose City around here I probably would not have bothered with a conversion-kit. I might have bought a Vendetta instead of the Silvio.

Sadly I did not take any

Sadly I did not take any pictures but the test rides were super smooth and really - he was a natural on the FWD.

First the Quest and then straight to the Vendetta! The best thing about the ride is that it only gets easier, smoother, and more powerful as you put in the miles.

We will be at the ready to build you up a new steed when you are ready for the speed.
Haha - sorry I could not resist the rhyme.

:)

Robert

Tohopko

what happens next

Charles, next is convincing myself that I am going to ride enough to justify the expenditure. After a cross country move, a blown meniscus and surgery, and immersion in a new hobby, I have to get back in the riding routine. Retirement has proven far busier than work ever was. Pics of the new hobby are here: http://fyrecloud.smugmug.com

Wannabe

who let the dogs out.....

who let the dogs out..... who... who.. who..... sorry could not resist!

So is it the awesome photography or the dogs? Do you own some Grey Hounds? Cool stuff to be sure!

Tohopko

hobbies

Those are whippets, and we have 5 at the moment. 3 are pure racers, 2 are show and race. Combined with 3 terrier rescues, it is a full house. It is all amateur club racing (meaning no betting and no winnings), but it is fun to watch and photograph "the kids" doing what the love. Photography is a long-time hobby, but I have to balance the kit with several other expensive recreational pursuits.