First group ride on V20

justbob20

So, after many solo rides, I decided to take the V20 out to a charity event this weekend, and boy howdy was it fun! There were several teams riding that I was able to pass on flats and slight descents early, but eventually their superior conditioning , ascent ability and peleton riding took them out and away. I know that I am riding for fun, but man was it great to see responses from those being passed easily while traveling in pairs at 25+ mph. I am not a beast by any means, proving to me the advantage of the recumbent aerodynamics.
I have made some modifications for comfort that have made my V20 more stable and comfortable, although heavier. I have a Thorfiberglass seat, and ( per Roberts post) H Plus Son 32 spoke wheels, Panracer 25 tires. I averaged a leisurely 18+ mph on a hilly 40 mile course that I may have gotten 17mph on my DF , but would have required considerably more effort . I also got many comments form other riders on the beauty of the bike and I directed them to this forum , as well as the Cruzbike website.
This morning I went out today for a short speed loop and had PR, although I did have Zipp 60s on. My message is for anyone reading this and thinking about getting a recumbent......PULL THE TRIGGER!!! This thing is a smooth vessel that is so much fun to ride. Once again, a mighty thanks to you guys on this forum for all of your valuable input on my maiden recumbent journey.