First posting: Just took my first sip of the Cruzbike Drink!

BobD

Wow....what an incredible product/company/website AND community living here!
Thanks to sooo many folks for sharing such enriched postings in the Archives.

I have returned to riding following all kinds of boring physical issues, having ridden DF's and Bents in the past. I currently ride an Easy Racers LWB and am re-habbing a 2002 P-38. I have been looking for a bent with the characteritics of the Silvio. I am in awe of what the Silvio offers, however thought it wise AND fun to build a FWD Cruzbike first. I purchased the Conversion Kit and V2/K Frameset today, and cannot wait to start building/riding my first Cruzbike.

Not quite sure which I like more: the tinkering or the riding....well....perhaps I like them the same!
Thanks to John, Jim, Maria and Doug for providing such an extraordinary company/product with a unique mult-media community-based website filled with such exciting and innovative creations and supportive suppportive community members.

I am confident I will be searching Archives and asking questions as my frame build begins.
Happy riding,
Bob

randyspann

Welcome aboard!

Bob, we will be looking forward to your build and riding comments (maybe P-38 comparison,etc.)

Charles.Plager

Recumbent Quant
Hi Bob,
Welcome!
If you

Hi Bob,

Welcome!

If you haven't done so already (or haven't in a while), I highly recommend looking at "Kim's Viideos" before or even just after your first ride. And if you choose, you can also look at my first experiences on the Sofrider.

I had a small amount of experience on a LWB before I got a Cruzbike. I've never ridden any other SWB bikes, so when you're ready I'll be interested in hearing about how you think the different platforms compare.

Have fun and ride safe!

Charles

BobD

Randy and Charles...

I appreciate your welcoming!

Randy, I will definitely get back regarding how this bent compares to my P-38 and LWB bents....am really curious!!

Charles....actually I have already read a few of your blogs...and postings regarding the Cruzbike on BROL. I also rode my first Metric Century at the Bloomin Metric in CT in the Spring. I was riding a LWB GR with fairing. The only other bent I saw there was a trike. Good to hear about your ride.

Really looking forward to receiving the Conversion Kit. Although I initally planned to do a total build, I may consider using my wife's hybrid bike and the conversion kit alone. Will see.
Happy riding...
Bob

Charles.Plager

Recumbent Quant
HI Bob,
You weren't riding a

HI Bob,

You weren't riding a silver LWB per chance (I'm old and it was a long time ago, so it might not have been silver). At the first rest stop, I was talking to the guy riding the (cat 700?) trike when a guy with a LWB rode up. (I wasn't standing near my bike at that point.)

"Hey, I thought you looked familiar!"

Cheers,
Charles

BobD

Yup!

Great memory Charles!
After that first long ride I didn't recall much at all other than the cold drinks and tasty wraps at the end of the ride!!

My GR is unpainted aluminum....with a fairing. And yes....I pulled into the rest stop and there was a fellow with a trike....and we chatted. Planning to do the Bloomin next year? I rode with the Lymphoma and Leukemia Society group.....the training for the ride was even more fun than the ride!!
Bob

Charles.Plager

Recumbent Quant
Hi Bob,
Sweet!  I do plan on

Hi Bob,

Sweet! I do plan on doing the ride again next year. And I think the training was more fun than the ride itself. It was certainly more fun than the monster hill (which convinced me to drop my granny from 28T to 22T).

What a small world. :) (When I showed up at the Tour de Bronx, the first recumbent rider I met also lives in Norwalk, CT! )

Cheers,
Charles