First Ride Skyway Bridge

floridabike

Had a day when the wind died down a little so I could ride the path from the Florida Skyway bridge to St. Petersburg. The path runs from the Skyway bridge to St. Pete and crosses over two other bridges. One of the bridges was a pretty steep climb, at least for me, but what a view from the top. I still like the new Freerider handlebars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKV9PCPXSBQ

Jerrye

Spam Slayer
Skyway? Wow.

The Skyway bridge will let you know how good a climber a CruzBike is for sure! Nice video, and I agree that you made a good choice of music.

Looks like the ride was enjoyed. Do you plan on trying it again sometime, and following the Pinellas trail all the way up the county?

floridabike

Thanks for comments

Thanks for the comments and it was a very enjoyable ride and I even had one person ask if I read the instructions on putting the bike together. I did have a flat tire as I was pulling into the rest area, perfect place to fix the tire. Even had a very nice fellow riding a Harley offer assistance and he was just out riding on his bike after 3 tours of duty in Afghanistan.

Jerrye, I didn't know if this trial continued or not as I went into St. Petersburg I cross a couple of streets but lots of traffic so I turned around and went back to the fishing pier. Do you think it continues north?
Phil

Jerrye

Spam Slayer
Pinellas Trail info

Phil, it looks like the Pinellas Trail runs into downtown St Pete. I thought it went closer to the Skyway. Here is a link to a map of the trail. Perhaps you could drive to the trailhead and ride it?