FIRST RIDE

shortbus

First off let me say the advice,Videos,and Website all are top notch! You all are AWESOME!!! Thank you for putting this all together. Now to the quest,This baby ROCKS! I did as instructed on the first ride videos doing the fred and just getting the feel of the heavy front end, There is alot going on up there. The steering is really quick and of course the front end wants to move when you peddle. I just took it easy for awhile and was able to start peddling within 5 minutes or so with open hands(very important to help stay relaxed). Rode around my condo so no traffic and lots of turns around the buildings. Figured out to extend outside leg on turns (left when turning right) and visa versa. After about an hour I started to practice the takeoff when stopped and did pretty good using left leg on peddle and right to kick off with. Did that for awhile and decided to go down to the bike trail. Im not sayin it was pretty but between the wobbles it was not to shabby. I started out using the width of the street and got down to hold my lane for the most part (I just know that kid that was in my way is gonna pull thru). Made it to an empty parking lot and did figure eights and got to where i could turn pretty sharp. My LBS that put it together for me was impressed with the design and components and the dude jumped on that bad boy when he got it done and rode it like he had been on one for years. He said he has been on countless bikes and he really liked the quest. MR TOLHURST, THANK YOU! You have designed an awesome machine and I can already tell that this baby has alot of potential when I get a little more seat time. I will be throwing the box away tomorrow. O and billyk, I didnt fart in the seat so it aint broke in yet and no you cant ride it.

sugarfyed

re first Ride

Hi Shortbus,

Great to hear you are out and about. What a hoot !

And may I also say thank you Mr Tolhurst and one day I would like to shout you a beer.

Cheers

shortbus

Response

Thanks alot doug, Had a hard time coughing up 2 grand for a bike but this baby is worth it and it aint no walmart special. I think I might try some big apples on it as this would improve an already comfy ride.
thumbs_up.gif