first S40 ride today

Markopolo

Interesting. When I inverted my bars it raised my hands plus the addition of curving the boom up. I think previously my hands were close to a horizontal plane through the headset which made the steering kind of funky, I think Robert alluded to this when he said as the boom gets close to horizontal the steering can get wonky. As you move your bars closer it also raises them above the headset because of the incline of the boom. Something to think about.

Kenneth

Extending the boom closer to me did raise my hands and brought my shoulders back too, both of which i like, right now when i sit up straight my chest almost touches the handle bars

bladderhead

Zen MBB Master
You have to learn, by mileage, how to get it set up right. I think everyone who gets a Cruzbike goes through a period of in-and out with the boom, and turning the handlebars this way and that. I did a lot of this. I cut the boom. And to anyone who thinks that they have reached the end of this process, I say: What crank length are you using?

Markopolo

You have to learn, by mileage, how to get it set up right. I think everyone who gets a Cruzbike goes through a period of in-and out with the boom, and turning the handlebars this way and that. I did a lot of this. I cut the boom. And to anyone who thinks that they have reached the end of this process, I say: What crank length are you using?
So you make the cranks shorter and it is easier to steer?

Last edited:

bladderhead

Zen MBB Master
Slightly. It will make a difference to those of you who commute or ride a lot in traffic. Those who spend their time hurtling down Mt Diablo like a guided missile will probably not notice.

super slim

Zen MBB Master
I am a Shimano Man, so I use a Utegra SL ST6703 Brifter(3 * 10), a Shim 9 speed RD-M771-LC 45 t capacity rear derailleur, both with a 2.3 mm cable movement per shift.
And the cassette is a Shim XTR M980 11-34 10 speed.