Fixed front fork with rear suspension

magillber

I am considering using a fixed front fork with my rear suspension frame. I don't feel that a front shock helps enough to justify the weight. I talked with Jim Parker who said that with his many miles of riding, he thought my thinking is reasonable.

Has anyone tried this?

It would be very nice especially to hear from someone who has ridden both a full-suspension cruzbike and a fixed front w/rear suspension.

Doug Burton

Zen MBB Master
Should work fine...

I've built them with no suspension, front only, front and rear, and now rear only.

Particularly for road riding, the rear suspension probably makes the biggest difference.

No suspension isn't particularly uncomfortable in any way, either (for me).

Cheers,

Doug

John Tolhurst

Zen MBB Master
I find that front suspension

I find that front suspension helps avoid front wheel spin over poor asphalt, going around a round about for example.

Kim Tolhurst

Front suspension

Have confidence without front suspension. . ( CB Vendetta )`. I have been riding cruzbikes since their inception and have built a number of conversions and tested in various configurations suspension wise. One particularly with/without front suspension went well without though nicer with. Like an upgraded feel of whats going on measured mostly by the legs. The floating/working of the rear suspension unit was more noticable without front suspension. The added value of handling and comfort with dual suspension is worth the weight, be assured. To save any weight with your build where you can is reasonable too and will be fine.

best, Kim.

ps, try both, =)