Flying uphill in Oklahoma on my Silvio

kenhardwick

[URL='https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/485620_10151576292744634_844328695_n.jpg[/URL]
485620_10151576292744634_844328695_n.jpg
[/URL]

Andrew 1973

Zen MBB Master
looking Good!

Ken,
That is a really good photo. I am envious of your bike, your roads and your weather. It is a wet and dreary day here in SC. I like your mirror, but I do not have much experience with bar-mounted ones; I have grown to love my Cycle Aware HeadsUp! eyeglass mounted one. Do you know if my preferred type works well when piloting a Silvio?

chrisblessing

Mirror

Andrew, I use a Take-a-Look eyeglass/helmet mount mirror on my Cruzbike conversion, and much prefer it to a bar-mounted mirror for the same reasons I prefer it on any bike. I had a bar-mounted mirror for a while but removed it.

floridabike

Optical Illusion

That picture must be an optical illsion. They don't make gears low enough for me to climb that hill.

Phil

Bruce B

Take A Look Mirror

Andrew,
I find the Take A Look mounted to my sunglasses perfect for monitoring traffic when I am riding my Silvio. I especially like the ability to visually sweep a very large area behind me by simply rotating my head.

Jerrye

Spam Slayer
I'm not sure about that

"That picture must be an optical illsion. They don't make gears low enough for me to climb that hill.

Phil"

Phil, I can't imagine that hill is much longer, or steeper, than the Skyway Bridge...

thebean

Just having my coffee and so

Just having my coffee and so enjoyed your photo. I miss riding on the rural roads of New England....

Andrew 1973

Zen MBB Master
^ Charles...

For the life of me, I don't know why Ken had me remove Domo Kun from his original photo. ;-) Trust me, if I am feeling cheeky, I'll mess with your photos too. You know, at 40 years old, you'd really think I'd grow up some day.

Eric Winn

Zen MBB Master
Looks like a fun ride Ken,

Looks like a fun ride Ken, with or without Andrew's little friend...

-Eric

kenhardwick

Thanks all for you responses

Andrew...
1) Photo...not quite what I imaged Bigfoot to look like...always imaged him/her having much more hair.
2) I have not tried helmet mirrors. But, I see you did get reply for others on subject.
3) It wasn't as nice out there as the picture may show..it does reflect that there was a 20-25 mile north wind.
First half was with the wind so averaged about 18-19 mph..but the second half was into the wind and hilly.
We have lots of variety here in Oklahoma.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/308247630
4) 40- wow, you are still just a kid.

Charles..yes, was a great picture..Andrew's version was even better.

Phil. I think the photographer was just really tall...making the hill look much steeper..
I am using Shimano Ultegra Triple..can handle most hills with this.

Lisa...enjoying my coffee here in Oklahoma also....lots of great places to ride here.

Eric—It was a very fun ride ...well at least for the 1st 33 miles with a 20-25mph tailwind. Not so FUN getting back.
These FWD Cruzbike's are great. You're going to be tearing up the roads on that new Vendetta !!!

Thanks all for you responses !!!!!

Andrew 1973

Zen MBB Master
20-25 MPH Winds?

What is it like riding into that on a Silvio? If I am on my upright bike, I would probably come to a dead stop. Even riding into a slight headwind or cross wind is enough to make my usual ride quite difficult.