For Sale: One-of-a-kind V2.

BentAero

************SOLD*************

Nagging health issues will prevent me from cycling anytime in the foreseeable future, so it’s time to part with this magnificent standard size Vendetta.

Meticulous build & maintenance, great component mix, embarrassingly low miles, and a stellar head-turning copper metallic finish set this Vendetta apart. $4200 gets you all the good stuff listed here -AND- free professional boxing and shipping to you in the contiguous 48 US States!

I’m willing to ship internationally, but all shipping fees, VAT, tariffs, bribes, and every other type of tax and payoff (if any) is the responsibility of the buyer.

Your new adventure begins with:

• SRAM X-0 Type II rear derailleur (easy wheel changes!)

• SRAM Force 22 Yaw front derailleur

• KMC X-10SL chain

• SRAM XG1080 superlight 11-36 cassette

• SRAM Apex 155mm custom shortened cranks

• SRAM Rival Double-Tap shifters

• Q-RINGS 50-34 eliptical chainrings

• Jagwire Elite Link superlight cable housings

• TRP Spyre SLC (Super Light Carbon) brake calipers

• SRAM brake rotors; 160mm drive, 140mm non-drive

• 25mm-wide Carbon Fiber "U" profile shape Aero wheels w/ disc hubs; 60mm deep drive wheel with 135mm hub, 88mm deep non-drive wheel with 130mm hub. No rim track. Vastly under-rated Novatec hubs spin very nice! Rims are in near perfect condition

• Continental Grand Prix 4000 S-II 25mm tires

• 420mm wide Carbon Fiber drop-style handlebar

• Ventisit Comfort Seat Pad, plus original Cruzbike pad
  • Boom restraint system (allows bike to be parked or pushed without the boom flopping)

• Two, Profile water bottle cages.

• Ready to ride right now!
I’ve managed to hit the chain-stay with my heal more than once causing some nicks/chips in the clearcoat. Nothing serious, just wanted to point it out. Photo makes it look worse than it is. Let me know if you need more/specific photos.

Located in greater Asheville/Hendersonville NC

If you’re serious, send an email to

If you’re not serious, send one anyway and we’ll discuss politics, religion, and firearms in no particular order.

20160612_091504_zpsxbayjsph.jpg

20150514_174623_zpsjoc4aajn.jpg

20160612_091529_zpsxyfhecww.jpg

20160612_091558_zpsqbzv2qoa.jpg

20160612_091634_zpsaxq6eg00.jpg

20160612_091755_zpsxfrjtf9p.jpg

20160612_091947_zpshw4nsg6d.jpg

20160612_092009_zpsekqrqely.jpg

20160612_092026_zpsfk6yatds.jpg

20160612_092128_zpslw2bhsqv.jpg

20160612_092158_zpsmgwfuc9s.jpg

Last edited:

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
Gary, sad you have to part with this jewel of a Vendetta. Hope she finds a good home, and those nagging health issues can get under control.

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
Gary, that's a wonderful bike. Great build; you are sure to sell it. Wish you all the best!

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
This is indeed a sad day!
Gary lives near me and he helped my build my first and second Vendetta - He is a master.
We used to ride together a lot, and it is a shame he has not recovered from his foot surgery
Gary - I pray for you all the time and I hope all your health issues get resolved before someone buys this awesome bike off of you!
ALL:
The bike is so much more beautiful in person than all those pics - I've seen it in person.
Top notch care always - Gary actually has a "maintenance schedule"for the Vendetta - just like a car - Ridiculous!

pedlpadl

Three things come to mind. That is a gorgeous bike. Hope your health issues get fixed. I need to stop greasing my chain and wax it!

LarryOz

I need to stop greasing my chain and wax it!
Amazing but true: Gary does not wax his chain (he may confirm this), but he is so fastidious that it looks like he does.
I am pretty sure he cleans it after every ride - Makes me look like a slob.
I wax my chains, and they look dirty next to his. - Although waxing is indeed the way to go!
No grease ever - any more. Just little flakes of wax get on your fingers and brush right off. Amazing.
Dip the chain in hot wax every 500 miles- chains last about 4-5 times longer. Love it!

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
Amazing but true: Gary does not wax his chain (he may confirm this), but he is so fastidious that it looks like he does.
I am pretty sure he cleans it after every ride - Makes me look like a slob.
I wax my chains, and they look dirty next to his. - Although waxing is indeed the way to go!
No grease ever - any more. Just little flakes of wax get on your fingers and brush right off. Amazing.
Dip the chain in hot wax every 500 miles- chains last about 4-5 times longer. Love it!
Plus one hundred on the chain waxing, love it.

super slim

Zen MBB Master
Gary, a BRILLIANT Golden bike, and very few miles on it as the tyres mould seems are still there!!!

If I win $22 Million tonight I will buy it, + a Front Suspended Silvio S30, and pay ALL the bribes required to import it to "Down Under" !

I am sad that your foot injury has not healed, and hope that a prayer from all the way on the other side of the globe will help!!

LarryOz

Do you use a master link or bust the chain pin out? With your kind of mileage, seems like you would have to wax every other week.
Mark,
I use a master link. I can ride the chain on the KICKR just about forever between waxes, because it does not get any dirt on it at all. I probably put 1500+ miles on between waxings. You just wax it when it starts squeaking - that's basically it. If you ride in the pouring rain and grime - you need to do it right away!
You like in Apex, NC - cool - do you know Doug & Nancy Kline? They both have Vendetta's and live in Apex.
Some nice roads down around the Nuclear Power plant to ride on too. The thought of the radiation also makes you want to go just that little bit faster! haha
I used to live in Cary (for 20 years). My parents still live there and I usually visit at least a couple times a year.