Freerider to softrider

echo_anomie

I'd like to change the steering to a softrider style set-up, but how do I extend the stem? What kind of post do I ask for, and how does it attach? I looked at it today but I can't fathom how to `add to' the existing fork tube that pokes out about an inch.

Chris

Freerider to Sofrider

Contact Maria at the factory (or your local dealer) to order the extension stem. Check the main TFT stem clamp to see if there is an insert. If so, the extension steering tube replaces the insert. If not, you'll need a new TFT stem clamp, also. Then, you'll also need handlebars & the steering riser clamp.

[As far as I know, the factory does not offer a complete kit that includes handle bars, steering riser clamp, extension stem & TFT stem clamp. However, I may be wrong about this -- check with the factory.]

The conversion of the front crank to a double chainring setup is simple, involving a set of 5 chainring washers (for proper chainline spacing) & the outer chain ring of your choice. You may want to consider converting both chainrings to the popular 39/53 pairing. These are readily available on e-bay.

Unfortunately, converting to a front triple involves a complete crank swap & perhaps even a bottom bracket swap.

echo_anomie

Thanks for the reply -- might

Thanks for the reply -- might have to ask John (since I'm in Perth, Australia).

All I need at the moment is the stem extension. Will check for the insert.

Chris