Frist Century ride on the V20. only Cruzbike at Hotter'N Hell

torkjunky

Couldn't ask for a better day to start the HHH ride. Was a clear and cool morning and it only got to the lower 90's as the day went on. The recumbents and tandems start about 5 min. earlier than the other 7 or 8 thousand riders. I am not as fast a rider as most but for the frist 40 miles I was doing pretty well. Left leg start cramping around 40, just easied up and it went away. Rest of the ride was good with great support for the orginizers. Lots of chip and seal roads but still a good ride. No flats or any problems with the bike.
Had several people ask about the bike, and one guy at the start told he had recently bought a V20 but had not ridden it enough .
At the end of the 100 miles I felt pretty good, not like the previous years where I could barely walk after the ride.
Short report but I not long winded.

I was at that ride last year with my yellow Vendetta. Had to take this year off due to scheduling. Hopefully I'll see you up there next year!

Cruzbike Chris

If only I wasn't in Baton Rouge/Lafayette for a month now. Next time we can all join up at the front, I hope. Fingers crossed. Nice report torkjunky.