Front suspension sucking power

From pictures of people's Silvio builds it looks like the front suspension is largely in line with the chain. Has anyone noticed the front suspension compressing during high-torque pedaling and therefore wasting some of your power?

trplay

Zen MBB Master
I don't understand your

I don't understand your concern. The chain line isn't remotely 'inline" with the shock compression angle.

Charles.Plager

Recumbent Quant
Even with my Sofrider and my

Even with my Sofrider and my Cruzigami Mantis (which has a non-adjustable front shock), there is no pogo-ing. The shock is mostly orthogonal to the chainline, so you aren't going to get the problem that you find with DF bikes and front suspension.

The Silvio has a much more adjustable shock than either of the two bikes above. As has been pointed out in the other thread where you asked the same question, it isn't an issue with the Silvio.

iow

this is a total

this is a total non-issue.
the front triangle is extremely stiff. 'high-torque' pedaling causes no detectable compression of the front suspension even at a relatively low 100psi headshock pressure.
'high-torque' pedaling (even at high cadence) will, in my experience, cause an intermittent loss of traction when going up 10%+ hills, especially if the road is wet or bumpy - this situation has been improved by fitting a wider tyre (28mm) and running it at 60psi.