Fun with wheels

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
Ok something to liven up the winter months. I've been working on the custom graphics for my wheel covers and the deep v rims. I thought it would be instructive to see what the rest of you like. Here are the 10 theme proofs that we are playing with for the disc covers.

wheels.jpg

The higher resz stuff is here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/uefiqe2ukx2s31z/AABnx_UBV19X6IYDos4MMJAxa?dl=0

Eric Winn

Zen MBB Master
I like wheel02 too but what

I like wheel02 too but what does wheel03 look like while it is spinning?

And Rick, if I'm still sitting here staring at that thing a few days from now I'm gonna get you - once someone revives me from my coma.

-Eric

Robert Holler

Administrator
Staff member
I like that same one Rick

I like that same one Rick posted. I also like the top two furthest to the right on the top row. Crazy looking cool!

Robert

Charles.Plager

Recumbent Quant
Hey Rick,
Can you do the same

Hey Rick,

Can you do the same thing with the 10th one (lower right hand corner)? And maybe different speeds?

I think that one might look the coolest rotating.

Cheers,
Charles

MrSteve

Zen MBB Master
Spinning Art

gallery1.jpg

This is my all-time fave. design.
It's simple and classic.

However, MY design, being mine, is best.
Because it's mine.

IMG_0942.jpg

You see, it's an off-centre solid circle and the colours complement.
This gets attention.

And it's mine.
You may not steal it.

Of your proposed wheel cover schemes, I like the middle bottom design best, followed by
the one directly to the right of it: Bottom row, second from the right.

ratz

Ha I was going to cut them

Ha I was going to cut them out of paper and put on a pinwheel to view the spin. So now I just need to bribe Rick to animate them all.

On a side note; once we get a set successfully produced; Mrs Ratz is willing to do a few custom colors and wording for others that might want them. These are going to be made by CWD http://www.carbonwheeldecals.com/site/ and they should work with disc wheels, wheelbuilder $99 covers, and the carbon covers from Catalyst.

We'll probably do one or two flavors for decals for 50mm wheels based on the final wheels we do for the disc.

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
Ha I was going to cut them

Ha I was going to cut them out of paper and put on a pinwheel to view the spin. So now I just need to bribe Rick to animate them all.

Not being a politician, I like the word coaxed better
regular_smile.gif
!

gammason

I like

Very nice Bob. I like #8 & 10. Something about the spinning corkscrew - you're getting sleeeeppppyyyy. OK, maybe not what you want to do to people driving towards you! Ha.

BTW - I've been lurking on this board for a while now and I sure appreciate all your posts and mods. I'm going to get up to Portland at some point to give a Cruzbike a go. I figure if I can ride a bike backwards (Sitting on the handlebars) I should be able to ride a Cruzbike...

Scott

ratz

Narrowing in on the final version

Spinning the wheels narrows down the selection.

Some look cool spinning and some look cool stationary. Some look good for both.

So now it's time to pair some front wheels with the disc wheel; and to come up with a no-disc look; when it just the two 50-mm wheels.

So here is the narrowed list.

TopWheels.jpg  height:385px;

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
Bob, for the front wheel and

Bob, for the front wheel and dual 50mm. I'm keen on first wheel from left bottom for my first pick, I also like fourth wheel from left bottom row as my second pick. However, they are all very good looking wheel decals.

ratz

Mock up time

Ok and after sleeping on it; the finalists are Row 1 and Row 2, Note: Dark grey on the disk wheels is actually the carbonfibre part of the cover. So we have some tweaking to do to get the final looks.

Finalists.jpg height:793px; width:702px

Next it so photoshop them on the bike pick and then tweak the final adjustments. Not sure yet; row 2 is very traditional and row 1 a little more industrial (going to add the fading pattern to the back wheel).

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
Bob, the top row is my

Bob, the top row is my favorite. I really like the fading effect too. However the bottom row is cool too, especially in motion, I think.