Fun with wheels

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
Yeah I thought about that;

Yeah I thought about that; replace the final BP in the fading wheel with the new logo but I suspect they have better things to do than deal with me bugging them for Adobe Illustrator vector art. Shopping this onto a photo of the bike should really bring it home. Of course then it's still a bugger to figure out which way they should spin; costs more to have the printed as mirror images but that will be worth it.

Eric Winn

Zen MBB Master
I like front wheel 1 and rear

I like front wheel 1 and rear wheel 2 and second the new Cruzbike logo incorporation....

-Eric

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
Nicely done Bob.
This puts a

Nicely done Bob.

This puts a whole new feel to the graphics mounted to the bike and complementing the yellow from the bikes frame.

They are all winners and will look amazing. If it were me trying to make a decision for my bike, I would need a few days to study them, and see which one attracts my eye more than the other. At this point I'm torn between the graphics sets. However, I'm really liking the first mockup with the 50mm, it seems to be drawing my eye.

Good luck in your choice it's going to be tough!

ratz

Sometime photo are of things that haven't happened

There still some design refinements that need to be done as I think it through. Also The 3rd and 4th pictures the wheels the graphics are backwards the arrow should pointed in the direction of rotation.

But this gives a pretty good idea of how the results are going to look.

WheelsMock1.jpg
WheelsMock2.jpg
WheelsMock3.jpg
WheelsMock4.jpg

Sorry Charles these photos never happened :)

ratz

Finalizing

Ok so we have the final concepts done.

These require that we still make the "d" look like a "d" in the "CdA" and fix the clipping on for the Z on the disc wheel and general clean up. But we are there. The Z looks bad on the yellow unless it takes over the look; so we went with the grey only. I like the effect.

Appreciate all the feedback. Hopefully this sheds some light on the design process for these things and or was otherwise entertaining.

We did look at putting CruzBike as the wording. In mock up that had definite potential; but the disc wheel lines and curves are based on the current font and would have to be redone to evoke the more angular CB font. In the end we decided that would take a few too many hours to concept and adapt to the new cruzbike fonts (and I'd have to buy the font). However if someone wants a set that said cruzbike on them (assuming Jim and Maria approved); drop me a line. Red and Grey could look pretty cool.

finalconceptfront.jpg

finalconceptrear.jpg

ratz

What I want also is a new

What I want also is a new sticker for the front of the head tube with Just the Z logo.
Never put the old one on. Would put the new one on in a second.

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
…let the spinning wheel spin

What goes up, must come down
Spinning wheel got to go round
...let the spinning wheel spin....ahh...memories!!

Fast-Spin.gif

Last edited:

Eric Winn

Zen MBB Master
Rick, looks like you are

Rick, looks like you are going nowhere fast the way those are spinning... -><-

-Eric

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
Look's great Bob...
Only

Look's great Bob...
Only thing for me is that new Cruzbike logo kind of lulls me to sleep - not sure why. :)
Maybe it will have the same affect on whomever you are competing against.. who knows..

ratz

Time to get them printed

And the final versions are done. Clipping and doing the infinitely "Z" was a little harder than it should of been, but I think it was worth it. Time to measure the wheels for final dimensions update the vector files and get them ordered.
Then the annoying wait for warm weather to be able to ride them.

Now that this project is done; I can get back to working on Project Quickr and the modification to the Burley so that I can pull it behind the Silvo. 2 months of winter left and I can probably just finish all the projects by then.

Yes we have vector art for these and can create red ones too :)

rearfinal.jpg

Eric Winn

Zen MBB Master
Very nice. Can they do them

Very nice. Can they do them as highly transflective or whatever the term is? Like the flames on my velo?

-Eric