Funny story

DuncanWatson

So I organized a Puget Sound Recumbent ride for today. We did an out and back of 27miles. 7 people showed up who don't melt in the rain. On the way back it was myself and Craig on his new Encore. We talked a lot about bike fit and issues. I was noticing issues with my lack of headrest on a longer ride and I was having issues turning today. Long story short my boom was pushed out about 1 inch maybe more. I only identified the actual issue in the parking lot saying good by to Craig. I had my light mounted at that spot so I didn't visually notice it. I was comparing BB position to his Encore and so we were looking right at it and I removed the light mount so I could see better.

And low and behold the issues I was having with ankling and turning are explained. I pushed my feet out too far. I think it happened when I drove to Everett with the bike on the rear rack and then was made worse today doing the same. I fixed it in the parking lot and did a bunch of figure 8s. Wow that is much easier when your bike is adjust correctly.

jond

Zen MBB Master
So I organized a Puget Sound Recumbent ride for today. We did an out and back of 27miles. 7 people showed up who don't melt in the rain. On the way back it was myself and Craig on his new Encore. We talked a lot about bike fit and issues. I was noticing issues with my lack of headrest on a longer ride and I was having issues turning today. Long story short my boom was pushed out about 1 inch maybe more. I only identified the actual issue in the parking lot saying good by to Craig. I had my light mounted at that spot so I didn't visually notice it. I was comparing BB position to his Encore and so we were looking right at it and I removed the light mount so I could see better.

And low and behold the issues I was having with ankling and turning are explained. I pushed my feet out too far. I think it happened when I drove to Everett with the bike on the rear rack and then was made worse today doing the same. I fixed it in the parking lot and did a bunch of figure 8s. Wow that is much easier when your bike is adjust correctly.

yes mark that boom with a pen or similar. glad you found the problem :)