FYI: Forums Organization Pending.

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
Heads up crew; sometime this week when I have enough time to carefully do the work the forums will be Re-organized. The new structure will be as follows below. This is your heads up so you don't get shocks and so that if anything goes sides way you can alert us right away.

I don't have an exact target date but it will be before the US holiday on Monday. IF you see anything we missed with the new structure please post to this thread. Sorry Jason the "Training on Donuts" forum didn't make the cut; :eek:
  • Events & Reports: Racing
  • Events & Reports: Soloing/Social Rides
  • Learning to Ride & Refining your Technique & Training
  • Q Series - (form, fitting, function)
  • Q Series - (what you did with yours today)
  • Silvio / S30 - (form, fitting, function)
  • Silvio / S30 - (what you did with yours today)
  • Vendetta / V20 - (form, fitting, function)
  • Vendetta / V20 - (what you did with yours today)
  • Cruzbike Community
  • Market Place - Buy, Sell, Upgrade
  • Blog Roll
  • Find a Local
  • Forum Admin
  • Legacy Bikes Archive (Softrider, Conversion kits, etc)

Down side of this is of course now I have to figure out how the heck to actually do this change :confused:

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
I think one forum is enough for each model. The topics will always meld together so I think it better to have only one index to search through when looking for something vendetta related.

99% of things you did to your bike fall under form, fitting, function.

ratz

I think one forum is enough for each model. The topics will always meld together so I think it better to have only one index to search through when looking for something vendetta related.

99% of things you did to your bike fall under form, fitting, function.

Yeah I think the intent there was to have a forum dedicated to "Stock" CB cruz-bike questions; and then one for the Crazies and moders. Admittedly people wander and moderating thread drift is a loosing battle between the two forums on any day, best done on only the obvious ones. I'll run that idea past the powers that be. I see both sides; but less is more.

Other Bikes"
Some of you perverts still gad about on other pedal-powered platforms.

So "Bikeism-the good;the bad, and the sore" ? o_O Or rather "Bike - trends, tech, and industry"

Also was thinking on a better name for "Cruzbike Community", any way I work Tribe into that skates the line of offending someone who might be uptight. suggestions are welcome.

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
How does "Tribe" offend someone?

As far as "other bikes" goes you could call it "slow bike"

I like the events/racing page, it could be called "Cruzbikes at Speed"

jond

Zen MBB Master
ratz "cruzbike communtiy a cycling friendly world tribe" .

interesting job re-organising the forum. either way the retention of the explanatory sub heading would be a good thing to keep for clarification. best wishes.

MrSteve

Zen MBB Master
This is a Cruzbike forum which is embedded in Cruzbike's website, so an 'Other Bikes' or, "Pedal World" category makes sense.
Otherwise, any time a bike is mentioned here, it is assumed to be a Cruzbike.
Lots of us ride dirt bikes/mountain bikes, U.C.I. standard 'safety' bikes, maybe even velos and stand-up bikes.
Or even grew up riding other bikes and have fond memories.
Anyway:
This is such a positive, helpful and inclusive forum, you owe it to the biking world to make a place for
our other pedal toys.

ratz

It's the Internet; home of "Boaty mcBoatFace"; someone always has a complaint.

Tribal Gatherings and Gabbing had come to mind; I do tread lightly.

But yes you are all more creative trust me....

• Events & Reports: Racing
  • Events & Reports: Soloing/Social Rides
Could become this,

Cruzbikes at Speed (Race Report and Events)
Cruzbike Adventures (Soloing, Randoing Reports, Social Events)

Cruzbike Chris

Maybe a special category called Ratz Rants? Everything mallet yielding and of course and easy place to find all the techniques and tricks to ride a Z. EDIT: And maybe a special area just for the diets thing so popular right now for easily locating. Just thinking out load.

Last edited:

ratz

Ok the major buckets are in place.

Still contemplating tweaks to the actual names as we go; so suggestions are being listen to and considered.

If you find a particularly good thread that's in the wrong spot and valuable let me know and I'll move it to the appropriate spot.

Also considering a best of the best forum; that has nothing but short cuts to the best tip and tricks thread of all time; pretty sure I know how we could make that work. But we'd need some sort of nomination and weeding process. More on that later. Thor Seats, Q-Rings, Learning to ride; come to mind as examples.

JOSEPHWEISSERT

Zen MBB Master
Tribe implies savagery, which was used by white, European Christians to justify invading America, murdering the inhabitants, destroying their culture, and stealing their land. It was also used to justify enslavement of those considered subhuman for their own good. Ironically, it has since been shown that white, European Christians were successful due to their own squalor and savage proximity to animal feces, urine, and blood of other animals, which selected some of them for their immunities to deadly diseases they were unknowingly breeding, and which clean-living natives had no defense against, having been selected by nature for intelligence instead. In the case of Africans, they have been shown to be 100% human, while the white, European Christians have been shown to be subhuman, since they were only 96 to 99% human genetically. And then there is the case of the brown-haired, brown-eyed, European, Christian, white supremacist leader of the blond-haired, blue-eyed master race (in cahoots with the Catholic church, who at other times would normally occupy itself with pedophilia) who tried to eliminate the inferior, subhuman descendents of the biblically-based tribes, but by failing at both genocide and world domination, thus proved his and their own inferiority.

Last edited:

Emeljay

WiskersBlowinInTheWind
CB Village, Society, Culture, Comedians (kidding:p, just brainstorming;)), Band, Innovators, Rockets, back to Community.
Forgot: Family,also Innovators, easy riders!

Last edited:

Bentas

Probably pedalling my own agenda here , but it would be great to have a catagory that caters for those of us who can't afford or just like home building ,I frequent forums ieFrench,Italian and Hungarin etc.. And would like to post anything new or unusual Mbb related, I know there is a catogory dedicated to this on Brol , it seems having a designated platform here would foster more ideas and innovation ,which can't be a bad thing?

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
Admittedly people wander and moderating thread drift is a loosing battle between the two forums on any day, best done on only the obvious ones. I'll run that idea past the powers that be. I see both sides; but less is more.
Heck - I just love it when threads drift into other conversations. It's a hoot to me, but I can see how it makes it hard to find past conversations you really want to find also.

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
Also considering a best of the best forum; that has nothing but short cuts to the best tip and tricks thread of all time; pretty sure I know how we could make that work. But we'd need some sort of nomination and weeding process. More on that later. Thor Seats, Q-Rings, Learning to ride; come to mind as examples.
Could be simply "tips' tricks, and mods".

I like the combination of the threads currently, V series, S series, Q series, as you have it at 7:49 am pst :D. Looks good Bob.