Gary Fisher Joshua y frame

magillber

$(KGrHqF,!n0E-v1c+pS7BQ!CrQ6Jcg~~60_1.JPG
I am looking to buy the following but am worried that the size is a bit too big. I am 6'-1" with a 32" inseam. :

Gary Fisher Joshua Full Suspension Frame Trek Y URT
Check out this vintage Gary Fisher Joshua XO!!! The frame measures 19" from the center of the bb to the collar.

I keep reading about a 17" being best. All of the 17" frames have been steel and I really want an aluminum so really like this one. Any advice?

John Tolhurst

Zen MBB Master
Use this frame.

Use this frame. We look for a small frame to try to get the step over height low, but this design has it very low already. Will make a great conversion.

Doug Burton

Zen MBB Master
Agreed

I wish more of these were available. At your height, this frame will work fine. The 2" difference can easily be made up by backing off the shock tension about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch.

Cheers,

Doug

magillber

Good Advice

Thanks for the tip Doug.

I'm shopping for a front fork and am considering a rigid vs a full-suspension. My concern is weight and sponginess since most appear to have a great deal of travel.

Ideally I would like to find a single shock verision similar to the ones on your Sofrider and Quest but haven't had any luck.

Does a rigid fork work well with a rear suspension?

Kuszdog

Good find!

That is a great find. I just did one with a gary fisher joshua zo. It is a great frame for conversion. This is my first recumbent and I love it. I ride it to work every day. Your first few rides are goung to be rough, but it is well worth it tl stick with it. Good luck!

Kuszdog

Here is how it will look,

Here is how it will look, just imagine the seat back flipped around, this pic was taken before I flipped it properly.