Get those video cameras going

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
Ok this is a call for videos.

I'm going to make a really nice action video this fall / winter of "you" riding your cruzbikes. That is if you contribute video to the project.

What I don't want:

1) Scenic footage of your feet, legs and the road in front of you.

What do I want:

1) Nose camera footage of you chasing other cruzbikers.
2) Fly by footage as you pace other cruzbikers.
3) Action footage of you on your bike doing maneuvers
4) Post ride footage of you with your bikes (photos or video)

#3 is very easy to do; put a camera on the ground or on a trash can in an empty parking lot and ride past it numerous times you'll get a lot of useful footage. If you watch the night stalker video, then all you need to know is that (1) I placed the camera in 3 different locations, (a) on the ground looking up at a 45, (b) on top of a trash can pointing level, (c) on top of the porta-potty pointed level. Then I road past the camera 6 times for each positions 3 in each direction. I made my maneuvers aggressive and deliberately nice looking. For a good video I need Wide angle shots, medium shots and really close fly-bys.

All and all to make a great contribution to this project you need to spend about 30 minutes doing this.

I will create a dropbox folder to submit footage too.

Depending on how much stuff we get I will make 1-10 videos in the 2 minute range and 1-2 too really long ones. For those that don't know Mrs Ratz is the in the "Creative Field" she'd kill me if I said what she does so I'll refrain. But she has access to a pro-editing suit that was built for her video editor at work. So at least 1 video will not be my hack-tastic stuff, but should wind up commercial grade edited by the pro that know what they are doing.

So if you want help and your tired of seeing me in video go shoot some awesome footage for me. I would love to have at least 10 countries represented.

This is a personal hobby project, not a cruzbike project, it just something we really like doing and it makes the winter go fast.

A location to upload the videos will follow soon. Please reply if you want to make a commitment to submitting video that way we'll know to wait for your footage. The is a Long Game project so you have a couple months to get your contribution recorded.

DuncanWatson

I will be setting up my Virb on the Vendetta next week. I can get you #3 and #4. Later in the season I can work on #1 and #2.