Giro Air Attack Shield Helmet

joy

Suggestions on sizing from anyone who has one....I am right on the high number for small. Should I go up? Where do you measure? Thanks, sorry for the dumb questions.

VenRiderGuy

Suggestions on sizing from anyone who has one....I am right on the high number for small. Should I go up? Where do you measure? Thanks, sorry for the dumb questions.

This might help......I was right on the border between the medium and the large and took a chance and went with the large. It fits perfectly...no regrets. First time I'd ever measured my head.....now I know why baseball caps never fit me. :D

Bruce B

My head circumference is 60cm and my medium Air Attack fits perfectly with plenty of adjustment.

According to the label in the helmet the medium is indicated to fit a 66 - 69cm head. Can anyone else chime in?

My head is 58cm. I tried on a large once and it fit if I adjusted it as tight as possible, but it might not fit if I got a haircut! I bought a medium a few weeks ago and it fits well with the helmet adjusted somewhere in the middle.

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
Highlighter Yellow for me with an extra clear lens. Would have gone red and black but was out of stock everywhere I looked, at least the yellow will catch peoples attention as they approach me from behind.

Thanks for the link

Robert O

I'm running a Cycle Aware Reflex helmet mounted mirror. Consists of a plate with a self-adhesive backing that sticks on the left side of your helmet near the temple, and a gooseneck plastic arm with a mirror in a ball joint on the end. Pretty stable, very adjustable. Close enough to the eye to give a good field of vision.

hurri47

I'm running a Cycle Aware Reflex helmet mounted mirror. Consists of a plate with a self-adhesive backing that sticks on the left side of your helmet near the temple, and a gooseneck plastic arm with a mirror in a ball joint on the end. Pretty stable, very adjustable. Close enough to the eye to give a good field of vision.

And the vision through a tinted lens? I've used that mirror before, but never with the additional layer of see-through.

How about flipping the helmet lens around with the mirror in place? Any awkwardness?

The nice big smooth mounting surface on this helmet has been making me think about returning to that helmet mirror.

-Dan

Robert O

Hurri- I have both a clear and a gray lens. Vision through both is fine, just need to wear the right one for prevailing light conditions. Flipping it on and off isn't bad, although it does take a little bit of practice. Caveat- I'm waiting for a V20 frame, I'm currently running a RWD 700c high racer with about a 30 degree seat angle, so there might be some handling differences.

Alan W Dolbeer

Thanks guys. I ordered the Giro Attack helmet from the link above and plan to purchase the Cycle Aware Reflex helmet mount mirror from the local REI store next week. Plan B if not happy with this setup will be to try the Zefal Spy handlebar mount mirrors. I have been using a Take-A-Look mirror on my glasses for many years and expect the helmet mounted mirror to be second nature once I get the adjustment correct.