Giro Air Attack Shield Helmet

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
E28719C6-550D-4EF9-9F07-0CB3EF9E3C00_zpsply6nwyg.jpg

748FA404-2C14-46D5-8ADB-332F88BF3A0C_zpslbhgs3jw.jpg

Been loving my girl air attack with the dark it ten shield for a few weeks now. A few notes and one mod to share.

First the super low riding position of the vendetta especially with my modified lower headrest make the shield unless for protecting my "eyes" from the wind since it sits 1/2" too high. I had always planned to continue using my smith sunglasses so I'm thankful there is plenty of room behind the shield for my shades. With that said I can't see any reason besides an aero advantage in low light conditions for having a clear shield.

The smoke shield does help considerably with quoting the sun on your eyes but with the shield being out of my direct line of sight I'm still considering adding some further tint to the whole lenses or at least the upper 3/4's. I think I'll experiment with my clear lens by adding some 15% tint used on car windows.

Even though the helmet is the most comfortable I've used with a headrest it's still not perfect. The rear retention bracket still has a tendency to dig into my head if the helmet contacts the headrest at all. The solution was to add a small piece of 1/8" thick close cell foam right in the center. The foam I used from cut from some random packaging I had lying around but is similar to the harder foam used in the stock vendetta headrest padding. Just use some think two side tape to attach it and enjoy.

Am I the only person who goes to adjust his glasses and gets surprised when the shield denies my fingers access. I must have tried to reach for my glasses a dozen times already and get surprised by the shield every time.

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
Am I the only person who goes to adjust his glasses and gets surprised when the shield denies my fingers access. I must have tried to reach for my glasses a dozen times already and get surprised by the shield every time.
Yeah - or just to scratch an itch on your forehead! I've been wearing the Giro attack for a year now - still do it!
At the least the visor is easy to take off and put on with one hand at speed, unlike the Casco SpeedTime helmet. In that, you are a prisoner. I almost crashed on my record attempt trying to flip the fogged up visor up. It takes "at least" 2 hands!