GONE --- QX100 "never used" - $1195 - Sanford, FL

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
Hey Ben - wanna ship my brother a bike?
Lief, If you are serious, you should probably email or call Ben directly - I don't think he visits this forum very often. (although - he could prove me wrong!)

Lief

Guru Schmuru
I got hold of Ben via FBook.
It's a good deal - and yet I just can't pull the trigger because...well for one thing Abby dropped her phone in the toilet at the last minute at the retreate - and now she has a *NEW* one. ;)
But that's a different thread.

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
I got hold of Ben via FBook.
It's a good deal - and yet I just can't pull the trigger because...well for one thing Abby dropped her phone in the toilet at the last minute at the retreate - and now she has a *NEW* one. ;)
But that's a different thread.

buy them bikes; make them pay for their own phones.

Lief

Guru Schmuru
make them pay for their own phones.
Oh she's paying for 1/3rd of it in installments - but I fronted the cash. :)

In this case I just don't know who the bike would be for - I suppose I *could* worry about that later - that and paying the mortgage.

Suz

Abby dropped her phone in the toilet at the last minute at the retreate
The ONE TIME I didn't supervise! :oops: Shoot, I was hoping it would have made it through the rice treatment.

Tough choices! I found out I need a new crown (tooth not princess) after the retreat $540 (after insurance) ... there goes my wish list from the retreat. But you're right, that's another thread. Good luck with the decision.

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
The ONE TIME I didn't supervise! :oops: Shoot, I was hoping it would have made it through the rice treatment.

Tough choices! I found out I need a new crown (tooth not princess) after the retreat $540 (after insurance) ... there goes my wish list from the retreat. But you're right, that's another thread. Good luck with the decision.
You don't need teeth to bike; and pain is a training aid.... just sayin' :D

Reactions: Suz

Lief

Guru Schmuru
I was hoping it would have made it through the rice treatment.
The rice might have worked - but I might have horked things up because we didn't have rice all day so I rotated the thing in the window on the way home.
then put it in the rice for two days.
I probably should have just tried it right off but I have tools for taking apart the phone - I wanted to confirm it wasn't wet inside before starting it up.
So I popped off the screen.
Which...delaminated from the digitizer (probably from too much heat).

LUCKILY for me - it wasn't completely delaminated - it looked like this.
upload_2016-8-3_17-32-41.png
Not usable as a smart phone but I could still push parts of the screen and have it trusted (so I could complete the backup process).