GPS Mount for Silvio S30/V

tiltmaniac

Zen MBB Master
Not sure how others are mounting their Garmin quarter-turns. After being unhappy with my options so far, I purchased a Minoura SWG-400 from a local bike shop.
74244_00_d.jpg
As usual, it wouldn't work natively, as the clamp isn't big enough.

Thankfully, thanks to how it is built, it can be mounted easily to one of the bottle-holder screws with some minor modification.

The mod:
1) Take off the clamp. It doesn't fit anyway.
swg-400-mod-1.png
2) Grind down or shim (your choice) the surface left after you're removed the mount.
swg-400-mod-2.png
3) Screw it into the cage-mount screw socket.
4) Done!

hurri47

The newer Silvio bars must be bigger. On my 1.0 the Garmin mount fits right at the center of the bar. If the newer bars are bigger, it should still mount just off center. Or find some bigger O-rings.

By the way, that mount is the one I use on my Windcheetah, where it works perfectly.

-Dan

tiltmaniac

Zen MBB Master
The newer Silvio bars must be bigger. On my 1.0 the Garmin mount fits right at the center of the bar. If the newer bars are bigger, it should still mount just off center. Or find some bigger O-rings.

By the way, that mount is the one I use on my Windcheetah, where it works perfectly.

-Dan

The standard 'out front' mount doesn't stay secure for me when the bar is centered on the drop bars of an S30 with the mount centered. ;)

The issue is that the tube size is larger in the center and immediately tapers as you go away from the clamp for about two inches.

tiltmaniac

Zen MBB Master
Yep, that's how I did it.

-Dan

If the boom is closer to your belly, that isn't a reasonable option, especially if/when you sit up to climb an especially steep hill.
If there is a great distance between boom and belly, that works just fine!