Grabbed the GoPro and...

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
The price is not bad considering you are gambling that your $300-500 camera won't fall off. I've had three various plastic mounts break, luckily I had the Go Pro tethered to the bike and didn't loose it. The metal aluminum alloy is C:D:DL. However, you can order it in black which looks like plastic if you prefer :D! The weight is negligible, the image is large, which makes it look big :p! You can order different size clamps separately.

Ok so about 10 rides in with that silver mount on the Vendetta. Yep that's a keeper works better then anything by leaps and bounds..

Bruce B

Well, bad news. The GoPro camera adapter on the rear Rideye camera broke probably while riding on a rough patch of road The camera was lost. I think the weight and length of the camera created too much torque for the bracket.

A few days later while parking the bike in our storeroom, I allowed the front wheel rotate hard to the left and the front camera struck a wall cracking the adapter and bending the screws holding the adapter to the base of the camera.

I am going to rethink the whole setup.

tiltmaniac

Zen MBB Master
Bruce-- I have two of the plastic mounts on my GoPro mount, tensioned about as high as I reasonably can.
When I lean the bike up against something, often the side of the camera case hits before anything else, but this just moves one of the mounts at the pivot for that mount, and thus ends up limiting the amount of stress.

AlexisBV

Bumping this old thread to see if there are any updates on how to best mount a gopro to a S30 for a front view. Didn't find anything obvious from GoPro (other than the handlebar mount, which would have legs obscuring the view). There's that accessory mount just above the BB, but other than the Origin8 eyelet mount Bruce B mentioned, I'm not sure what else might work well. Any ideas?

Bumping this old thread to see if there are any updates on how to best mount a gopro to a S30 for a front view. Didn't find anything obvious from GoPro (other than the handlebar mount, which would have legs obscuring the view). There's that accessory mount just above the BB, but other than the Origin8 eyelet mount Bruce B mentioned, I'm not sure what else might work well. Any ideas?
If you want to mount a camera to your boom:
https://axiaalloys.com/product/gopro-camera-tubing-handlebar-mount/

cpml123

Zen MBB Master
Here is a mount I rigged up, since I didn't want to pay $40 for a mount.
Hose clamp, size 28, which fits 1.5 to 2.5 diameter: about $2
Stainless steel screw 1/4"x20, shortest size, Home Depot: $2
A couple washers from my tool box
A small section of used inner tube
One of the existing go-pro mounts for tripod

I drilled a hole that fits the screw through the hose clamp. Put the screw through the hole in the hose clamp and add a couple washers. Screw the gopro mount on top. Test fit the hose clamp aound the boom. Cut maybe an inch off the excess clamp. Wrap the inner tube around the boom and then put the hose clamp around the inner tube. Tighten the clamp screw. Then it's done.

boom mount.jpg

AlexisBV

For these boom mounts, do the feet show a lot in the video? The newer gopros allow you to choose a narrow/wide field of view, but I'm afraid that even the narrow one will still show quite a bit of flying feet - is that the case?