Gravity for the win

SamP

Guru
I'm pretty sure this is the descent, the start of the video is about 0.1 miles into this Strava segment, you can see where they circle and go under that arch near the beginning. 7% grade for a bit over 6 miles. They took about 12.5 minutes so that's only an average 28.8 mph. Not surprising due to the hairy turns on a narrow road shared with cars going the other way.

CruzBikes can descend so fast it's scary. Even my conversion kit bike hit over 40 mph on 5-6% grades on Skyline Drive in Shenandoah National Park.

Last edited:

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
I had a rabbit, I remember what jond said about bunny hopping on a V. Fortunately it ran across the road before I needed to improvise:eek:

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
The odd thing with the GCN bike vid is they didn't wear gloves or no speedo on the handlebars. When the lead shouts "car" or "goat" the person behind does what (smile, brake, go to the right)? On one of the apex of the road of them takes it a little wide... I really don't like gravel, but that road surface looks awesome except for the nut cracker speed bump at the bottom of the run.