Great bags for Cruzbikes: FastBack Double Century

hurri47

Aeropod

Nice thread resurrection. The Aeropod works perfectly on my conversion, which looks pretty close to Softrider geometry.

cannondale_conversion_final(1).JPG

No room for it on a Silvio though.

-Dan

Lief

Guru Schmuru
Another Vendetta Bag Option

I met Chris Young, from Portland at the Seattle Bike Expo last weekend.
He has a Vendetta 2.0 and a unique and different bag option I haven't seen before (might be in here somewhere?)

He modeled it for me on the V20 at the show.
I forgot to ask what it was called - I'm getting that info from him via email.

and sadly, I didn't have the presence of mind to take detail shots of the attachment.
Chris did show me how he had extended the velcro strap at the "tip" of the bag to go all the way around the headrest tubes.

First an iso-shot from the right rear. Chris has it packed nearly to capacity with clothes etc. It collapses (rolls down) when loads are smaller.
BagRearIso.jpg

Now, from the rear - it has a natural taper, the tip of which sits about 2 inches off the rear wheel. Very durable, "dry-bag" like material.
BagRearView.jpg

And finally - head on - amazingly it disappears behind his head quite well. You can just see it peeking out around his wry smile.
BagHeadOn.jpg

[[And yes - in the background you DO have a better view of the Conway Bike Boards (?CBB - http://www.conwaybikeboards.com/) than you do of the attached bag. CBB were great fun as neighbors all weekend. And, looking at them you may regard them as an impractical mash-up at first glance but I'm here to testify that they are fun to play on and actually move along (and stay in control) quite well.]]

Thanks Chris for modeling.

Robert Holler

Administrator
Staff member
Nice pics of cousin Chris!

Nice pics of cousin Chris! :)

That is the Viscacha bag.

It is made by Revelate Designs:

https://www.revelatedesigns.com/index.cfm/store.catalog/Seat-Bags/Viscacha

?I use the slightly smaller version of that same bag. Though I do not like it when it when it gets heavy.

Robert

What about the Bushwhacker Tacoma? Looks to be twice the size of most seatpost bags and rather inexpensive at $18.
bushwhacker-tacoma-bicycle-expandable-seat-bag-w-reflective-trim-and-light-clip-attachment-cycling-under-seat-wedge-bike-rear-saddle-pack-2-500x682.jpg
So I figured I'd contribute something mildly useful, if not particularly interesting to the community.
It's bigger in person, and maybe on the inside too.
Under the headrest in embiggened mode won't work.
upload_2015-6-19_18-36-53.png

However, this could work, maybe with the Showers Pass underneath:
upload_2015-6-19_18-39-0.png

Using it like this for now, since it's bigger than the Bontrager bag I was using:
upload_2015-6-19_18-40-22.png
And yes, I'm pretty sure a banana will fit now. :)