Group buy of Sofrider forks -- sign up now!

henrypootel

Have a conversion and not happy with the donor fork? Like to get rid of the backward facing fork, steel plates, and have an easy way to get disc brakes?

If you also have the V2/K frame, with the Cruzbikes logo all over the bike, would you like your bike to look better and generate more business for Cruzbikes by looking like it was professionally designed? (Avoiding the "looks like a hack on the front end there.. think I'll pass on that" thoughts from prospective buyers.)

What we need is a group buy. If we get enough orders, Cruzbikes will be motivated to order from their manufacturer a set of 'just the forks' and sell them to us.

Reply if you are interested and how many you would like to order.

I'd like 1...

Charles.Plager

Recumbent Quant
Anybody with a V3 Sofrider or

Anybody with a V3 Sofrider or Quest might be interested, too.

(I think this thread is a great idea that probably won't succeed, but I'd love to be proved wrong. ;))

Gromit

Guru
Disk or V-brakes or both

My Quest 559 V3.0's un-suspended, front fork came with a Avid BB5 disk brake fitted but also has V-brake mountings fitted with blanking plugs. As far as I know the Sofrider V3.0 uses the same fork but has a V-brake fitted and an empty disk mount.
I hope that this information is useful.
One day, I'm going to cut off those V-brake mountings.
regular_smile.gif

Andrew 1973

Zen MBB Master
$$$

I'm sure it could be done if people are willing to pay the price, but I'm willing to bet that the demand wouldn't be enough to make a production run cost effective for anybody. Manufacturers have their minimum orders, after all :)

I'm willing to bet that it would be more cost effective to buy a complete Sofrider...or Vendetta.

Not wanting to sound negative, I agree with you that a proper fork assembly would be attractive, especially to V2K owners who want the bike to look and perform like a whole product. As you can figure, the conversion kit was the original Cruzbike and was designed to allow people to convert almost any Y-frame bike. With the flexibility afforded by the conversion kit, fork steerer diameter and length was not a concern that had to be designed around.

Supplying a conversion kit with a fork would mean carrying multiple forks with different specifications to address not only steering tube dimensions, but also threadless and threaded versions and maybe even offset would be an issue. Talk about opening a can of worms!

henrypootel

Keep those sign-ups coming!

It is easy and can be affordable for us and profitable for cruzbike.

Cruzbike can simply offer the current Sofrider fork, the fork that they already have regular production runs, to us. It is as simple as telling their contract manufacturer to run X extra forks on the next batch of Sofriders and ship them over. Sure, it won't be the right size/threaded/less for everybody, but it will fit all v2/k frames and the majority of conversions. No cans or worms here!

Andrew 1973

Zen MBB Master
But what if?

Hello, Henry.

I wish you success in getting the group buy to happen. I imagine that if I had a V2/K conversion, I would definitely want the fork.

The biggest obstacle is the likelihood that the minimum order exceeds the customer demand, the result being the cost of the forks would be excessively high to prevent Cruzbike from taking a loss on unsold inventory.

Perhaps it is as simple as adding x forks to a production run of y and most of the cost would be absorbed through Sofrider sales.

Maybe the industry experts will chime in, so my 2¢ worth might be even worth less (worthless?).

Good luck. I hope you get your fork. :)

Charles.Plager

Recumbent Quant
Personally, I only think it

Personally, I only think it would be worth it if they sold the suspension forks.

If you just want a fork where you don't use the braces and you have disc brakes, look at what's been done using a Fat bike fork (somewhere on this forum...).

John Tolhurst

Zen MBB Master
Our policy is if you want the

Our policy is if you want the fork you can buy a sofrider. We believe the sofrider is good value.

henrypootel

Mid-priced frameset

Sorry to hear that...

I have components and wanted a cruzbike, but couldn't spring for the $2600-2700 frames and didn't want to spend un-necessary money on the sofrider components, so went for the only other frame (sans fork) offered. The v2/k and conversion kit is/was the mid-priced frame for cyclists that have components or want to choose the components for their bike.

I would have bought a sofrider frame if it was available, but it wasn't and so I bought the v2/k and conversion kit.

Want to sell me a sofrider frame?

Thanks John!