Handlebars on the Silvio

thebean

Hi Everyone!

I keep reading that some folks are using different handlebars on the Silvio. WTB (not sure what this acronymn stands for). Also, different width? Sounds like folks like this option better. If you could fill me in on what comes with the Silvio and what you are using for diffferent handlebars, that would be great.

Thanks and Cheers!

Lisa

Charles.Plager

Recumbent Quant
WTB apparently stands for

WTB apparently stands for Wilderness Trail Bikes. The handlebars aren't (??) made anymore, and look like regular drop bars that have been stretched:

bars1.jpg  height: 768px;

kidneyboy

Lisa,
 Your bike came with

Lisa,
Your bike came with Salsa Woodchipper bars. I had experimented with Origin8 Gary bars too but the Salsa bars fit my hands a little better. Attached are some Gary bar pics. I think if you do a little search here you'll find a thread where JT posted some comparison pics of some of the bars.

kidneyboy

Well, the site has decided

Well, the site has decided to only post one of the pics I just attached (the top one which are the Gary bars) and 2 from a previous post. Let's go with that.... The middle pic is the Salsa bars and the bottom pic is the Salsa bors with the road bars (44 I think) on top.

The more miles I put on the bike the more I thought to go back to road bars, but in a 46 not a 44.

thebean

Chuck,
i a, really enjoying

Chuck,

i a, really enjoying the bars on the Silvio. I was just curious asi had seen some posts with folks changing them out.