Happy New Year-2016!

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
Happy New Year also - Boy it sure looks warmer there than where I am at. Highs today in the mid 30's F.
Ride on! Ride safe!

ak-tux

Zen MBB Master
Happy New Year also - Boy it sure looks warmer there than where I am at. Highs today in the mid 30's F.
Ride on! Ride safe!
Sure is! It's right in the middle (literally) of Africa,:) just below the equator. It's almost always warm!

Charles.Plager

Recumbent Quant
Thanks Charles! You haven't posted your rides for a while. Hope you still enjoy your Cruzbike!

I haven't had as much chance to ride it recently as I like. I got in four decent rides Christmas when I got off of work which was very nice. (Otherwise I ride an upright folder to/from the train station.)

ak-tux

Zen MBB Master
I haven't had as much chance to ride it recently as I like. I got in four decent rides Christmas when I got off of work which was very nice. (Otherwise I ride an upright folder to/from the train station.)
Yes, I also think for a quick day to day use in traffic an upright (bicycle) is little more robust because of the ease to manoeuvre over speed bumps, starting and stoping e.t.c. The recumbent is for the more relaxed longer rides I guess..

Charles.Plager

Recumbent Quant
Yes, I also think for a quick day to day use in traffic an upright (bicycle) is little more robust because of the ease to manoeuvre over speed bumps, starting and stoping e.t.c. The recumbent is for the more relaxed longer rides I guess..

I don't mind riding my Cruzbikes in traffic. But folding them up quickly and getting them up and down stairs on and off the train isn't easy. I'm also not sure I'd want to ride a Cruzbike when you need studded tires (but maybe that would be fine...).

bladderhead

Zen MBB Master
I used to commute on my Grasshopper. Now I do on my Silvio. Nowadays I can get away from a standing start like a slingshot, and no front wheel spin anymore. Getting short cranks has made the steering feel better.

I do go slowly over speed bumps though, and I am scared of pot holes, after what happened.

ak-tux

Zen MBB Master
I used to commute on my Grasshopper. Now I do on my Silvio. Nowadays I can get away from a standing start like a slingshot, and no front wheel spin anymore. Getting short cranks has made the steering feel better.

I do go slowly over speed bumps though, and I am scared of pot holes, after what happened.

Aah the Silvio! :rolleyes: The sound of that always make me dream: I wish I could afford one S30 with a curved boom ... well maybe one day ...

Bentas

A bit late but happy new year to you also, great to see your still having fun on the homebuilt.
Cheers Rob

ak-tux

Zen MBB Master
A bit late but happy new year to you also, great to see your still having fun on the homebuilt.
Cheers Rob
Thanks Rob! Yes, got to enjoy what one has as much as possible.. it's heavy but fun to ride all the same.