Haters going to hate

DuncanWatson

Bryan's FB page is pretty funny right now. He banned some of the offenders and drew a line in the sand regarding cruzbike harassment. As a result he has been getting hate mail. Par for the course so far. But some of it is really funny. My favorite is: Now I'm being told that his spiritual visions have told him that I will suffer 15 years of trials and tribulations and after that, things will only improve slightly.

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
.... will suffer 15 years of trials and tribulations and after that, things will only improve slightly.

hmmm that's the same thing that guy was saying about learning to ride MBB before brian banned him... must be a boilerplate spiritual vision he re-uses.

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
Being the local Pro Mtber and Ex Motorcycle Superbike race I am getting the most colorful flaming from my friends and followers for posting pics of me on a recumbent bike. It's down right comical what my Anti support group has come up with :lol

Robert Holler

Administrator
Staff member
flat,800x800,075,f.u1.jpg

BROL has become a rant fest and often is a battlefield of anti Cruzbike sentiment for people who NEVER have had any real seat time on one. The V20 has been setting records and those records stand on their own. Other manufacturers can put racers on their own bikes to try to topple our records if they wish. They have had several years ahead of us to establish better records/times to no avail.

Robert

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
Other manufacturers can put racers on their own bikes to try to topple our records if they wish.
I say bring it on!

But, I don't understand why it's all other recumbent against Cruzbike - I do believe that they are a minority that thinks this way, but man do they have big mouths on BROL.

I would love to ride with other bent riders that ride other manufacturers bikes - as a matter of fact I would give my left uhh...finger nail clipping to someday ride with a large group of bent'ers. Watching Duncan's newly posted video looked like a whole of of fun to me...even riding in the rain.

ratz

But, I don't understand why it's all other recumbent against Cruzbike - I do believe that they are a minority that thinks this way, but man do they have big mouths on BROL.

That's simple, there are many guys over there that believe they are "scientists" and that their expertise extends to anything they participate in, even to the point that they don't have to have hands on experience with something to completely assess and rank it. Those same groups seem incapable of separating, in their vast and open minds, Jim the enthusiastic/kid like fan of Cruzbike's from Jim the principle member of the ownership/leadership team of the company. Anything he posts gets attacked and usually gets to the point where an axe grinder needs to be called out; and fortunately Jim's not afraid to do it.

So take that and put it on a spectrum and you get; those that remain silent, those that discuss and debate in a productive way, those that can argue with respectful passion; and those that get banned.

I'd really love to make every engineer on the planet go work in customer support for 6 months; they'd learn some very valuable skills that way...

ratz

Meepers gonna meep... I kind of want that logo on the sleeve of my Cruzbike Jersey

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
Very well said Bob...then these Wannabe "scientists" ( :D:D ) are fools, correct?

Edit: I make typos as much as Bob, and I'm not even using an iPad!

Last edited:

ratz

Edit: I make typos as much as Bob, and I'm not even using an iPad!

My staff refers to that as "bob-bonics"
I refer to it as a security check, if it's typo free and short, it's a fake message.....if it's long and typo free you are in really big trouble.

Charles.Plager

Recumbent Quant
I do want to point out that now it really is a vocal minority at BROL dissing Cruzbikes. As far as acceptance goes, we are making (not too) slow and (very) steady progress. Just keep ridin' and smilin'. Everything else will follow.

Jeffyboy

For those who feel it is more a hassle than it is worth to post on BROL, I just want to say that it is on BROL that I first learned about CruzBike. I am new to the world of recumbent bicycles and was researching different makes and styles all over the internet. The big "negative/disadvantage" about recumbents I kept coming across was that they don't climb well. Now I'm not a big speed guy, I just like to ride at a contented pace and don't really care if I'm going 8 MPH or 20 MPH but I like to ride and not have to push the bike uphill, so I was concerned. On the BROL forum I came across a thread of people discussing whether CruzBikes actually climbed better than other recumbents. So I googled Cruzbike and found te company's website along with some older reviews of the bikes.
So without BROL I don't think I would have ever found Cruzbike. I also find that it is good to hear some of the negative feedback, that some folks find the bikes too hard to ride in comparison to other recumbents. It helped me to understand that I would need some patience and determination and practice to get good on the bike. After all the reading I finally went on a 6 hour roadtrip to Montreal to try out 3 different cruzbikes (a kit bike, a Softrider, a Quest) and a LWB recumbent. After about 20 minutes I realized I could get the hang of it with some practice and that I wasn't one of those people who wouldn't ever be able to figure it out.
I splurged and got a Quest, which arrived at the beginning of October. I have been practicing an hour or 2 almost each day since and am getting better each time out.
All this is to say that I think it is worth it to post to BROL as it helps spread the word and peak interest in the bike, or at least it did for me!
So thanks to all the Cruzbikers, both past and present, who have taken the time to post on other forums outside of the Cruzbike forum and please continue to do so.

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
So thanks to all the Cruzbikers, both past and present, who have taken the time to post on other forums outside of the Cruzbike forum and please continue to do so.

Well said- Jeffyboy!
I think sometimes some of us "excitable souls" get so wound up about the abuse Cruzbike takes that we maybe forget to see the big picture.
Thanks for reminding us!

We can now officially change the title of this thread to : "Lovers going to love"!

castlerobber

Zen MBB Master
without BROL I don't think I would have ever found Cruzbike. I also find that it is good to hear some of the negative feedback, that some folks find the bikes too hard to ride in comparison to other recumbents. It helped me to understand that I would need some patience and determination and practice to get good on the bike.

Same for me. I joined BROL when I got my first tadpole trike in 2006. I read just about every review Bryan and Larry posted, bike or trike, for quite some months. I would never have known about Cruzbike otherwise.

Someone in the forums wrote an excellent user review of the Q451, version 1, several years ago. He posted pictures of the Q, measurements of the seat and BB heights with both 559 and 451 wheels, and 451 wheels with the 559 stays, and even tried a 559 rear/451 front setup. The picture that really got my attention showed the Q next to a LWB bike, and how similar the seat height, seat angle, and BB position were. That thread convinced me that if I were ever one day going to buy a two-wheeled 'bent, the Cruzbike Q451 would be the one. It only took me five years to come to that point. :oops:

Agreed.

Last edited:

hurri47

I do want to point out that now it really is a vocal minority at BROL dissing Cruzbikes. As far as acceptance goes, we are making (not too) slow and (very) steady progress. Just keep ridin' and smilin'. Everything else will follow.

AND it's a minority that is shrinking rapidly. Too many of them finally tried a Cruzbike and STFU.

-Dan

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
So without BROL I don't think I would have ever found Cruzbike.
I fall into this crowd as well. I said time and time again. If were not for Lisa's ultra enthusiasm that sparked my interest to look and Ratz's fabulous Silvio build that sealed the deal - which were all posted on BROL. I would still be riding a Metabike (which BTW is a great RWD recumbent). I think we should continue to post on BROL, stick and stones, etc etc...so with that all said, I appoint Ratz :D:D:D!

mzweili

Guru
same for me. After riding a trike I was looking for something faster, but I wasn't sure if a recumbent 2 wheeler would be a risky change at my age (born 1945). Many BROLers encouraged me (others not) to do so. After I hesitated between a Metabike and a Silvio, again I got interesting infos on BROL, and finally decided to go with the Silvio 2.1. Now riding my Silvio for the second year, I have no regrets. Maybe one small regret not to have bought a V, but with the bad roads we have here, probably it was the right decision.