Hello and WTB used Q559 -- Will be buying new Vendetta July 2016, but can't wait!!!

New Q559 or used Silvio ver. 2+ or used Vendetta for 1st Cruzbike

• Total voters

Rishi@Cruzbike

Hi, I've been very intrigued by the Cruzbike. I used to commute on an Pedelec Ebike till my tailbone just couldn't take the jarring, not to mention the "What What," making me take the car again. I love the bicycle commute to work - it energizes me for the day ahead. The commute back - drains away the tension and stress. I didn't quite realize what the bicycle commute was doing. I was not only getting healthier but my family and friends were saying basically the same thing - SO YOU'RE BACK.
I need to get back on the bicycle and of all the recumbents out there, knowing there's a learning curve, the Cruzbike looks and feels well-engineered.
Finally, I'll be getting a Cruzbike within the month regardless but if there is anyone selling a used Cruzbike within 500 miles of Gainesville FL please let me know.

castlerobber

Zen MBB Master
Welcome!

If you're looking for a bike primarily for commuting, I'd suggest the Q559. You may be able to find one used. I personally like the Dual Drive 3-speed hub for stop-and-go riding, since it can be shifted even when you're stopped. The Q-series bikes are probably a little easier to learn to ride than the more-reclined Silvio and Vendetta, and easier to handle in traffic.

I started out with a Q451 (a Q559 with smaller wheels) almost two years ago. Once I got the hang of Cruzbiking, I bought a used Silvio 1.5 from another local rider. I use it on longer, faster rides; the Q, which I just modified with 24" wheels, is great for the local multi-use paths and riding around town.

Rishi@Cruzbike

I'm going to agree with you castlerobber. I'm in a real rush to be bicycle commuting again. I miss the healthier me. Also I've only tried a Bacchetta and for me I was most uncertain during my takeoff after stopping at the lights. From past experience with the dual drive that's easily done. I'm really looking forward to getting my Cruzbike.

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
Don't forget the less expensive QX100 then you can afford the Silvio or Vendetta when the addiction takes hold

Rishi@Cruzbike

I did consider the QX100. My experience with bicycles have been Fixies or Hubs. The dual drive, for me, would be more forgiving.

ratz said:
then you can afford the Silvio or Vendetta when the addiction takes hold

Godz but that feels prophetic. In the best way

Rishi@Cruzbike

Am now saving up for the Vendetta. End of July:( is the earliest I'll be able to get it. So if anyone is selling a Quest, 500 miles from Gainesville FL, let me know. Spending 2.5K on a new Q559 now VS saving up till end of July and getting the Vendetta. Definitely the Vendetta!!! Till then I'd like to get my bent legs and get used to them. That way I can thoroughly enjoy the Vendetta. Thanks.

brokemyback

I'm not an expert on the forum, but I did buy a new Cruzbike recently. It's tough to suggest a solution without knowing more about your intended use. Is your daily commute on no-traffic bike trails? Do you have any curbs or uneven pavement to tackle? Is there any other traffic along your commuting route - pedestrians, bicycles or cars?

I believe the Vendetta design purpose is smooth roads, light traffic and high speed. Probably not good for dodging car doors, potholes and taxicabs. Do you need fenders to keep water and mud off of work clothes? Do you need to carry any luggage at all, like a lunch box?

Rishi@Cruzbike

There's a few ways I want to make the Cruzbikes part of my daily and recreational life.

I want my work commute to be as close to 100% on a bicycle as possible. For that I looking to get a used Q559, almost the perfect commuter.
I'm going to use this period, at least three months, to get my "bent legs".
Once I have enough experience and fitness I want to add the Vendetta. This will open up the whole new vistas and possibilities.
Then when the commute to work is no longer an effort, I'm going to convert the Q559 to a Pedelec eBike. The Vendetta will be my weekend and take on my travels bike.

That's about as far as I've consider how to use the bikes.

Rishi@Cruzbike

The bike mentioned above, is back up for sale. I have it posted in Gainesville, Orlando, Jacksonville and Tampa.

http://gainesville.craigslist.org/bik/5722495720.html

I have been unable to ride it due to spraining my knee at work but it's in excellent condition. Also selling the Garmin 920XT Multi-sport watch, Garmin Virb XE Action camera and couple of Hydration Backpacks.

Shipping it is too cumbersome and am hoping prospective buyers are willing to pick it up.

To anyone new to Cruzbikes I will just say this. I have found the SofRider to be fast, faster than the Bacchetta Giro 26 ATT I had, and very comfortable to ride. I ride it mainly on the Hawthorne Trial near me and have done 2 laps on it quite often, 60 miles. The SofRider is the perfect introduction to FWD recumbent bikes and it built like a tank.