Helmet with visor?

I find I need to have some kind of eye protection when riding the V, especially with the changeable UK weather. Riding in the rain without is pretty bad as your head is pointing upwards.

So I was using my normal cycling glasses, but found the turbulence behind the lenses was irritating my eyes. So I got some goggles which sat against my face with a headband. They are pretty good, but fog up easily and are not so comfortable.

Next step, I saw from forum threads some people had been riding their Vs with a Giro air attack shield. After a bit of looking around I got one second hand, but I'm back with the problem of turbulence behind the glasses. They don't fog, and the field of view is amazing. But at 20mph+ (so vendetta cruzin' speed!) I'm getting issues, and on the downhills it's pretty crazy.

I've angled it as far forward as I can, so I can just about get a finger between my nose and the lens when in position. I lie quite far back normally, my head is pointing slightly upwards. Not something that is normal on a DF bike. So does anyone have a solution to this. I really like the helmet+visor idea. Other manufacturers make them (Casco and Kask are the ones I've found), but I don't want to just try them all out as they're not cheap, and I can't see them being any better.

Does anyone have any suggestions, or find that their one does work for them?
The only idea I've had is a small wind deflector at the handlebar end of the boom trying to deflect air upwards and over.

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
This one is always hard to make recommendations on since everyone is so different.

I use Rudy Project RYDON glassing with the Impactx Photochromic lenses. I do that for a number of reasons.

1) doubling up the lenses solves most if not all the air under the lenses problem
2) The Photochromatic lenses allows me to use the Giro clear shield day or night; and the dark Giro Shield in extreme sun
3) The glasses are prescription "0" for real so they don't mess up my multifocal contacts
4) had the eye doctor fit them for super close fit.

If the U.S. some medical insurance covers eye glasses. Mine covers them 1 pair every 3 years. My eye glasses are fine and are like 7 years old; so since these are "0" prescription and they are sold through eye doctors and qualify as eyeglasses for most insurances; that made them significantly more affordable.

In the last fall and early spring I use snow sking goggles which pair up nicely with the Giro Helmet

JOSEPHWEISSERT

Zen MBB Master
I'm back with the problem of turbulence behind the glasses
I use the Giro Attack Shield myself, but here is a helmet that a guy on a low racer wears. I haven't tried it myself, and it is made for skydiving, but it sounds like a possible solution to your problem: http://www.icaro2000.com/Products/Helmets/4fight/Grid-Cut/Grid-Cut.htm

Here is another option that may or may not work with a neck rest: http://www.icaro2000.com/Products/Helmets/4fight/Grid-LT/Grid-Lt.htm

Wow, those are pretty extreme looking Joseph. I'm not sure I ride fast enough for one of those! I'd worry about cooling with a non-cycling helmet and whether it would do the right thing for a cyclist in a head-protection sense (they have very different certification). And as larry says, would be nice to try before buying.

Ken, I'm really after a visor that comes down over the face, not a peaked cap effect.

Ratz: I tried out my normal glasses under the visor of the Shield, and that did work (at least up to 42mph, I had a good hill!). They aren't specifically close fitting, and it's a shame to have the need for double glass. (There were some reflections because of it, but nothing distracting whilst riding). It was very warm today, but not humid, and no misting which was good. So I guess that's problem solved for the moment, thank you.