Hill Challenge...How would you respond ?

kenhardwick

A longtime friend of mine posted this on my Facebook page recently...
"HaHa...I remember when you beat me in all those foot races...to pay you back I'm going to beat you to the top of Honobia Hill in Oklahoma Freewheel this year (you are going to be on your recumbent, right?). But I will concede all the downhills and flats"
http://www.okfreewheel.com

Honobia Hill is along "day 2" ride (73 miles) of "7 day" Oklahoma Freewheel ride across Oklahoma from Texas to Kansas.

Here is elevation data for Honobia Hill.
e683a5f3ac.jpg
In previous years, I have ridden my 42 lbs Easyracer Goldrush recumbent. This year I will be riding my 27 lbs Cruzbike Silvio. Plus, thanks to a current year major effort to lose weight, I currently weigh 15 lbs less than I weighed during 2012 Oklahoma Freewheel. Hope to drop another 10-15 lbs. before this years Freewheel.
I've put in about 1500 miles cycling this year.

How would you respond to his Facebook post ?
(By the way, would love to see other Cruzbikers on Oklahoma Freewheel.)

P.S.>>>This is just in fun...not a real challenge...I'm 62 and he is 67...and both will be lucky to get to the top without having a heart attack.

Charles.Plager

Recumbent Quant
I wouldn't respond on

I wouldn't respond on facebook, but rather would go out and start riding up some hills. Give it your best shot and let your results speak for you (because, well, after climbing that hill, I'd think you won't have enough breath to actually speak :D ).

" Hills suck. Go ride hills ." - The Recumbent Quant

Andrew 1973

Zen MBB Master
How would I respond to his Facebook post?

I'd click the "Like" button. Then I would go out an conquer some serious climbs.