Hoodoo 500 stage race

trplay

Zen MBB Master
Thanks for sharing the link. Yes I'll be watching and cheering on our recumbent brothers. I hope Cruzbike can give us some insight as to how things are going. Right now Rich and Lief are smoking!

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
I believe Gary is crewing with Jim so we should be getting some updates.

trplay

Zen MBB Master
Doesn't look like anyone is working together anymore? The good news is the first climb and the recumbents are showing no fear. The next hour will be interesting. Go boys go!

BentAero

Team Cruzbike is alive and well in St. George, Utah!

As you already know, Leif is on the course competing in the stage event.
Ben and Maria start Saturday morning.

The rules require the rider/team name to be placed on all four sides of the support vehicle. We just finished up applying the decals to the cars.
20150828_085032.jpg

Michael, Jim, Ken, Laurie, Ben, and Lucia trying to stay in the shade.
20150828_113245.jpg

BentAero

FYI, from now on, I'll probably just post thumbnail photos as it takes about 5 min for each photo to load.

trplay

Zen MBB Master
Thank you for posting! Good luck to all of you. The photos you posted were huge. You might try a smaller size 600x600 pixels before thumbnails.

trplay

Zen MBB Master
Rich and Lief are doing some impressive riding. Looks like they are working together now.

DuncanWatson

Lief and Rich finished the first stage at the same time. Rich is nominally #2 and Lief #3. Quite a hot day for such a great performance in the mountains.

trplay

Zen MBB Master
After the first stage Rich is one minute ahead of Lief (both riding recumbents). They are third and fourth respectively and slightly over an hour behind the 1st and second place riders. Day one was an exceptional day for both. More climbing today, hope they have something still left in the tank!

Actually I think Lief was ahead of Rich after the first stage and they were 3rd and 4th overall. Unfortunately, Rich had to withdraw this morning due to back issues. Lief is in third and is well behind the two leaders in the second stage. He's started to pull away from the pack a bit. He is suffering a bit because he's running a tough cassette group for the terrain. Wish he would have said something. Bet we could have come up with a cassette for him. :confused:

trplay

Zen MBB Master
I think 1232 and 1229. Seanna is stalking Ben and Maria is stalking Seanna. They start the climbing after Kanab, should be an early indicator of eachs their strength. Lief is doing fantastic. I think Rich's tracker is out so I assume he is nearby Lief.

Thanks.
I think 1232 and 1229. Seanna is stalking Ben and Maria is stalking Seanna. They start the climbing after Kanab, should be an early indicator of eachs their strength. Lief is doing fantastic. I think Rich's tracker is out so I assume he is nearby Lief.
Rich withdrew and did not start stage 2. Lief is the only recumbent left in the Stage race.