Hope. Inappropriate name.

bladderhead

Zen MBB Master
So, after the IGH debacle I decided to get a Sram XX1 drivetrain. Having been happily married to a Rohloff for 10 years, I am a bit ignorant of this disraeli gears lark. I thought the hub was just the bit in the middle of the wheel, onto which the cassette fits. Turns out that a hub comes in two pieces. You all know this already. Wanting disk brakes, I was considering the White 130mm disk hub. On the White website I posted a question asking them if this hub is compatible with XX1. I can't remember the exact reply, but they implied their hub is compatible. I posted the same question on the Universal Cycles website, and got a similar answer, so I bought the thing, and all the XX1 bits. This is when I discovered that hubs come in two pieces, and that different makes of hub are different inside. You have to get a driver body that is compatible with both the XX1 cassette and the White hub. I asked White how to get one and they said they would be manufacturing them in April.

I wonder which April that will be.

On a lighter note, I have these Hope disk brakes, so I decided to try to fit them on. The back wheel has a SON dynamo disk hub. The gap between the disk and the spokes is too small for the brake caliper, so the spokes touch it. I never thought of that. How do I know how wide a disk brake caliper is? I replaced the 140 disk with a 160, which clears the frame easily, but the gap is still too small. This is driving me nuts. Hope. What a funny name.

bladderhead

Zen MBB Master
Same problem with  the front.

Same problem with the front. The 160 disk was replaced by a 183 disk. Then I found the handlebar diameter is to big to get the levers on. Getting new bars.