How I spent my Summer Vacation (an ongoing vendetta saga)

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
A video would be great

Ok here you go. I had to put the on it or it was just a slow moving video in the dark. At the 4:30 mark you can seem me swerving back and forth testing the rear tire; that where I punctured and the tubeless tires did their thing. It did stop and check the tire to be sure at 7:00 ish mark; found nothing and took the climb home.

Pretty raw edit so you get to listen to my BB and freewheel the whole time.
Lighting and visibility better than the camera captured; lens was too sensitive to blow back lighting If I put the camera on the handle bars probably get a better representation; so consider the speed and the narrow trail in the woods and you'll get a pretty good idea how well it works.

super slim

Zen MBB Master
Brilliant Lighting from the Designshine headlight!!!!!
I LOVE the new screen information with graphs and actual readings across the screen top!!!
This is the new standard for videos!!!

Jeremy S

Dude
Been slowly working on hydration for the Vendetta rides. The showerpass system setup on our Silvio really convinced me that I would prefer to drink out of a hose based system. Since the showerpass unit doesn't fit on the Vendetta I had to keep refining it. I've finally got it dialed. Best part of this setup is I can switch back to traditional bottles if I like.

File inserts not working again; so here's a link to the annotated photo. It looks cluttered from this angle but it's all sitting well behind my head and the storage bags which line up with my shoulders.

Edited: to put the picture inline now that the forum is working again.

VTTHydra.jpg
Hey Bob, how do you like the FLEXR setup? Would you recommend I try it on a Silvio 2.0? Would it work with the bottles down on the seat back instead of behind the headrest?

ratz

Hey Bob, how do you like the FLEXR setup? Would you recommend I try it on a Silvio 2.0? Would it work with the bottles down on the seat back instead of behind the headrest?

We like the Flexr enough that we ordered the same setup for Mrs. Ratz Sivio 2.0. We are hoping to install all that this weekend. I think it could be made to work with under the seat bottles; the kit comes with a lot of hose. I cut off more than 60% of the length. Their website is really screwy for ordering if you can't figure out the right link to order PM me and I'll assist.

I tried a couple of other kits and the Flexr was the best bang for the buck.

These accessories from showerpass are very useful too. for crafting a solution

Strong magnetic to help anchor the host behind my head
veleau-gravity-kit

Real to control spare hose
VelEau Front Reel

Other things I prefer this value but that means also getting the smaller tube to use with it.
Bite Valve
veleau-tube

Charles.Plager

Recumbent Quant
Good point that is a long way

If the mouthpiece seals, then once you pull the water through the hose, it should stay there. So you won't be pulling it the whole way on every drink.

On the minus side, the hose may be less well insulated than the bottle, so you'll be drinking warm water...

1happyreader

zen/child method
On the minus side, the hose may be less well insulated than the bottle, so you'll be drinking warm water...
No option in Florida ! Its gonna be warm water.
My camelbak insulated tube runs into the (BBB) brain box and you need to empty the tube before you get a cold drink.
So suck up a long drink or blow the line clear and have to pull all the way from the bladder.

Jeremy, If you want a low cost way to experiment, Camelbak makes a drink tube that fits on an Eddy bottle. Remember to limit the tubing/mouthpiece from being able to swing free and foul your wheel !!

Charles.Plager

Recumbent Quant
No option in Florida ! Its gonna be warm water.
My camelbak insulated tube runs into the (BBB) brain box and you need to empty the tube before you get a cold drink.
So suck up a long drink or blow the line clear and have to pull all the way from the bladder.

I have the insulated hose on my Camelbak and it makes a difference (but still not as well insulated as the Camelbak itself).

Jeremy S

Dude
Good point that is a long way
The FLEXR system looks designed for bottles to go down below the rider on the frame of a DF, so I didn't think this would be a problem.

Jeremy, If you want a low cost way to experiment, Camelbak makes a drink tube that fits on an Eddy bottle. Remember to limit the tubing/mouthpiece from being able to swing free and foul your wheel !!
Thanks for the tips.

ratz

The FLEXR system looks designed for bottles to go down below the rider on the frame of a DF, so I didn't think this would be a problem.
If you use the stock bite value it slide open and closed to keep the water up in the tube. I forgot about that.

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity

super slim

Zen MBB Master
Did you try out the new light/camera post when going over a rough bike trail, and have the film star of Mrs. Ratz check out the vibrations of the mount???

ratz

Did you try out the new light/camera post when going over a rough bike trail, and have the film star of Mrs. Ratz check out the vibrations of the mount???

Finally pull the video footage off the fly6 camera and reviewed it was good and stable; the Silvio rear soaks up most of the bumps.

The Attachment pole is highly versatile.... Anything you could mount on a traditional bike seat post will work.

Spy Photo.

DSC_4738.jpeg

ratz

Final version in the house.... and on the bike.

Quick and dirty photos from the Garage. More complete ones when time allows.

The photos don't do it justice, Steve out did himself on this project.

HydroSolved1.jpg

Install the arm on the bike. (It can angle up or down, on the Silvio Down is optimal, on the Vendetta my bottles work better with it angled up).

HydroSolved4.jpg

Then attach the rest of the assembly. (Which can be removed with a single bolt, should you be at the track and doing short sprint races).

HydroSolved2.jpg HydroSolved3.jpg