HPV races at Northbrook Velodrome

jond

Zen MBB Master
Agreed; but in Larry's case his cranks are soooooo short; and his cadence is so high; that the net gain for the q-rings is (my guess here) going to be a lot less and perhaps out side the -+2.0% accuracy of his power meter. 175mm cranks and a 60-70rpm cadence much more noticeable. I certainly notice the difference when I mash on 165's going up hill. But perhaps it's purple.
yes the colour purple is fast when mashing 165mm cranks with q rings. :) mmm chocolate milk.

well done larry your fantastic achievements are for us all to admire and be inspired by. the runs are on the board. oops sorry you guys might not get the cricket reference.......

Eric Winn

Zen MBB Master
This past Saturday and Sunday. July 25-26. Northbrook IL
Daryl Hanger and I where there on our V's.
Hope you have a good excuse Eric!! - Ratz - your excused - but barely.. :)

Here is a link to all the results:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PsoRGFFAyRbVol7qUkqJ-rlQFFscX30PxE7qUgtx96s/pubhtml#

Good showing for the Cruzbike clan: I won the 50 lap unfaired race, Daryl placed 7th.
Speeds listed are on the low side because you are only given the distance of the inside of the lower black line which is 382 meters, when in reality you are riding much farther due to all the passing. (My speed was listed as 27.67, but Garmin had me at 28.0)

My Garmin Vectors still showing only 200 watts, which just does not seem right for 28mph. I recently saw a video where someone compared them to Stages and Garmin was consistently 20-30 watts lower. That is how they compare against my KICKR power readings, so I don't feel too bad now.

Here's is my video of the 50 lap race, and no laughing at my sorry start. The finish is what counts, right!

Daryl also rode his Trike and cleaned up really well in that class!

I placed second in the 1 Hr TT. Lost by a wheel. Should have just rode a lot harder (as this 1 hr TT ended up being right at the same pace that I can ride for 3+ hours), but the temptation to just ride hard enough to stay up front is very great. Maybe next time! :)

I am compiling the videos from the 200M flying sprint, the 1K TT, and the 1 Hour TT and will post when done.
Hopefully Daryl will post some pictures. I will if I can find some.

I was prepping for ROCC but the Northbrook velodrome is definitely on my to do list. That looks like loads of fun.

Did you forget to downshift before the start?