I'm in love I'm in love and I don't care who knows it.

Suz

A scene from Elf that runs through my mind as a new sofrider owner. But even more exciting - my new Silvio is arriving TOMORROW. Yep, I'm a convert. Took pics of all my other bikes/trike tonight and listing them on Craig's list tomorrow.

I bought my sofrider in early February and if you can't tell I LOVE IT. I have been on a quest (pardon the pun) to find a bike that I could ride again, much like most of you on the forum. However I have another little twist, my son is disabled and I want to take him in his special needs trailer when my husband has work commitments (or is fishing :) ). My DF's tend to wheely because of his weight, my trike is too slow and I almost totally gave up riding with him. However, I have practiced with an empty trailer behind my sofrider and it will be absolutely possible so double the fantastic find for me!!!! (insert twirl from the Elf clip here)

Now that there is a new forum perhaps I can figure out how to post a picture of my sofrider since it is the firstborn, then my Silvio.

Couldn't contain my excitement.

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
Now that there is a new forum perhaps I can figure out how to post a picture of my sofrider since it is the firstborn, then my Silvio.

Couldn't contain my excitement.
Suz, I know the feeling! Congrats, looking forward to seeing pic's your bikes.

Make sure image is under 1 mg (less than 1000 kb). And just drag it from from computer into the editor window...or...click the "Upload a File" below to the right of the editor window.

Reactions: Suz

thwaters

Congratulations! And waiting to see pics. I am curious about your experience towing the trailer. I now own two Softriders. Maybe one day a Silvio?

Suz

Thanks everyone. First Silvio ride is complete. The first 10 minutes I wondered what in the world had I done! My sofrider was fine, why was I so greedy buying the Silvio too?

The seat angle was quite a change but I went back to the school parking lot and starting with step one, adjusted the boom, and 30 minutes later I was zipping around corners, sitting up to look for traffic, shifting, doing figure 8's. My husband was laughing at my speed around the corner and I think he said, you're either going to kill yourself or have a blast:D. Stopping is still interesting. Feeling pretty clumsy getting up from the recline position. But wow, it is beautiful and fun and fast. (Thanks Robert!!)

Too busy learning to take pics tonight. I'll get them in tomorrow. And now I have so many questions - but will search the forums or ask them later.

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
Fantastic, sounds like you making great progress Suz.

When stopping try lowering your legs as you pull yourself up, using your legs to leverage your upper body up. Anything that seems awkward or clumsy will become second nature very quickly.

Robert Holler

Administrator
Staff member
Excellent! I am very pleased that the fit is close - building up for a customer is always a bit of guesswork if they will fit out of the box. Remember as you get used to it to do a bit of fine adjustments - xseam, handlebar position, etc can all be changed. Just remember to loosen the ring clamps around the BB when making some reach adjustments. :)

Robert

Suz

My Saturday morning ride with the Sofrider.
Still practicing in and around subdivisions with the Silvio, feeling surprisingly stable. :D
However, I can't seem to keep my helmet from moving almost over my eyes on the Silvio headrest. How do I solve that?? Don't really want to buy a new helmet.

Robert Holler

Administrator
Staff member
You may need to dial that headrest just a bit. You will have to unbolt the seat at the base, and remove it. Then use a #3 allen to loosen a bit the two scissor jacks. Then you can move the headrest in or out just a bit.

:)

Robert

joy

I couldn't get the headrest to fit me, so I made a soft neck pad out of some fleece material, with velcro on straps to hold it onto the headrest. Worked out fine. Helmet is much better. I can't get over how much I love this bike. It just works for me. Who would think a 64 year old woman would take to biking the way I have with first the Bacchetta, now a Silvio. Good lck with yours!