Impossible to edit posts

Jeremy S

Dude
I've been seeing this issue as long as I've been using the forum. At least 90% of the time when I click the "Edit" button on one of my forum posts to correct some mistake, the resulting page first loads a "Comment" editing box containing HTML tags, then a fraction of a second later, the box disappears. Without the box there is no way to edit.

I have tried:
- Refreshing the page (browser refresh button)
- Clearing my browser cache, cookies, history
- Multiple browsers (Chrome, Safari, Firefox)
- Multiple platforms (Mac, Windows)

None of these seem to help in any reliable way.

Eric Winn

Zen MBB Master
I get that too on my iPad. I

I get that too on my iPad. I can usually refresh a few times and get it to work. Sometimes clicking (tapping) in the edit window when it first loads seems to help. I also switched back to Safari from Google Chrome on my iPad because part of the built-in voice search or something was exacerbating this problem. Works better in Safari on the iPad so I switched back.

-Eric

Charles.Plager

Recumbent Quant
I also find I need to refresh

I also find I need to refresh several times on my Android tablet (and sometimes even with Firefox/Chrome on Windows).

My biggest remaining complaint (as they really did fix a lot of them) about this forum is the unnecessarily complicated text entry. Doesn't let you use your own spelling checker. Is a real pain to use on mobile. Doesn't behave consistently. Often need to reload several times to edit. It is, hands down, worse than any of the other forums I visit.

Charles.Plager

Recumbent Quant
I have found for the past

I have found for the past several times I've tried, I have not been able to edit posts any more.

This is more than slightly annoying...

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
Using a Mac?

Charles are you using a Mac? Been having the problem myself. Usually wait 3 minutes; click edit; if editing window doesn't appear; resize the edit box. If it still doesn't appear; then SHIFT-RELOAD the page and it usually comes up. 1 out of 10 times I have to quit the browser as the above doesn't work.

Eric Winn

Zen MBB Master
I use a Mac at home and

I use a Mac at home and haven't had any problems lately. Still about the same on my iPad though.

Edit: Immediately editing seemed to ellicit the behavior seen on my iPad. I went to the Admin Forums page and then entered this thread again and clicked the Edit button again and here I am.

-Eric

Jeremy S

Dude
Primarily use Macs, still

Primarily use Macs, still seeing the issue as I described in my original post.

super slim

Zen MBB Master
All Apple users should SEE

All Apple users should SEE the LIGHT and change to WINDOWS products

Super Slim

1happyreader

zen/child method
All you weirdo's

Would that not be like saying "we should give up the Cruzbikes and get back on a DF like everybody else" ?

btw I am NOT an Apple fan.

Jeremy S

Dude
Can we manage not to turn this

Not sure if you're joking (or trolling actually) but can we manage not to turn this into a Mac vs Windows thing...?

I have exactly the same problems editing posts on Windows (I use both).

richa

Worked for me.

I tried it just to see if I could. Worked fine. The one time I tried anyway.

Using Chrome on Windows 7.

Rich

Shahmatt

@ Jeremy S,
Were you able to

@ Jeremy S,

Were you able to solve the problem eventually?

I am having the same issues actually. Posting dialog box does not show in new posts and can't seem to edit existing posts.

I have tried using Chrome, Internet Explorer and Firefox! :-/

Jeremy S

Dude
It's been really inconsistent

It's been really inconsistent but I think it's working a little better than it used to... I've also been having problems starting new threads (a broken looking page with no CSS/formatting comes up).

Shahmatt

@ Rick,Thanks for the

@ Rick,

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried doing this. Sadly the problem still persists. :-/

@ Jeremy,

Yes I've been having the broken page with no formatting issue - but I can still use that page I think.

Worse is the input dialog box that just does not appear/load.

Maybe the problem will resolve itself soon. I'll try again later. Thanks.

Capture.JPG