Input Requested: Assembly Packs - Which one?

Jake514

I am considering a Silvio 2.0 and wonder about the differences and/or which assembly pack would be the best for my application? I live in a mostly flat area so the triple is probably overkill, so mostly it is down to the two others:

Assembly Pack - SRAM - Rival
Assembly Pack - SRAM Force
Assembly Pack - Shimano Ultegra Triple

What are the differences - i.e. weight, quality, finishes, durability, etc.?

Experiences, comments or opinions? Thanks.

Eric Winn

Zen MBB Master
Besides the difference with

Besides the difference with cost and weight, it looks like the main differentiator is the FD yaw adjustment capability.

I've been curious about how well this functions and imagine both Jake and myself and perhaps others would be interested to hear from folks who have ridden both Rival and Force and can provide first hand feedback on the differences.

Cheers,

-Eric

noahvale

I have no experience with

I have no experience with Rival, but I do really like my Force group. The Force has lots of carbon, the Rival is mostly alloy. I haven't needed to tweak the yaw on the FD and I'm using Rotor Q-rings. It shifts perfectly every time.

Eric Winn

Zen MBB Master
Are the Force cranks carbon

Are the Force cranks carbon or an alloy/carbon combination of some sort? SRAM's product page describes the Force arm as: Carbon/ Machined Alloy but not having seen one I don't know what that means.

I bought a Stages power meter which currently requires an alloy crank and won't work with a carbon crank so that may be a consideration for Jake and others. Stages does offer a model for SRAM Rival but not for SRAM Force.

I really like the Stages power meter BTW.

-Eric

Ivan

Guru
The Force cranks are carbon.

The Force cranks are carbon. If you live in fairly flat area like me, then my WiFli setup with my 53/39 chainrings and 11-32 cassette is working well.