Instructions to set up?

thebean

Hi Everyone,

I just received my Cruzbike Silvio. Super excited! I am confident that the adjustments for the crank length and such are easy, but are there any manuals available? I want to take it into my shop for a tweek and proper set up.

Thanks for your help.

Lisa :)

thebean

Got it

Hi,

Ok, I found the owners manual. The two clamps that hold the handlebar have quite a bit of space. Do you all use rubber shims?

Thanks!

pardon my enthusiasm, it's christmas early!

Doug Burton

Zen MBB Master
Are you talking about the stem clamps?

The clamps that attach the handlebar to the upper tube should be 26mm, unless John updated to 31.8mm because 26mm bars are becoming harder to find.

In any case, a shim shouldn't be needed if the correct handlebar is fitted.

If you can snap a picture of what you're seeing, that might help.

Cheers,

Doug

thebean

I got the handlebar stem

I got the handlebar stem clamps in the correct position so they are holding firm. What's odd is one of the screws Allen wrench side is up towards the seat, and the other is on the other side facing away from the bike. The clamps are metal and thus the one can't be removed to place it similarly to the other one. More of a pet peeve for me!

I am going out to the garage on commercials between the football games!

thebean

Just looked on the website

Just looked on the website and the picture of Silvio, and the screws are supposed to be like that!

I understand there are two versions of the Silvio, mine is a 2007' which version is this?

Doug Burton

Zen MBB Master
Yours is a V1.0...

... which is a little different from the V1.5 manual I sent you. The rear of the bike is the same, but the front end assembly has been changed.

The V1.0 front boom is straight, and the front derailleur attachment is different. This model uses a pulley to manage the front derailleur cable instead of routing it around the bottom bracket, although if you prefer you can do it that way on the V1.0 too.

Did the bike come with components or did you receive the frameset only?

Cheers,

Doug

thebean

The bike had two previous

The bike had two previous owners, and it is set up with Ultegra.

So is the adjustment done the same? According to the manual, for a 40 inch x seam the FD should be put on the 4th row.

I am taking the bike into the shop tomorrow and want to be able to instruct them properly. I put the 888 customer service number on the manual in cae they have any questions.

Doug, thanks for help! I am SO excited!