Interesting training available effort

So as some of you will know I have recently become a father and have less time to get on the bike these days, and when I do I keep my rides relatively short so partner is not left with twin boys for a overly extended period.
Previously my rides have been about 1 hr ideally once a week but occasionally every 2 weeks.
I am now starting to lengthen my ride to 1.5hr aiming for 2hours.
I try to ride at what I perceive my maximum sustainable effort (above 140bpm) for the duration of my ride (without completely wiping myself out as I still need to look after children).
What I find is I am able to sustain this effort for 45 minutes then I fade but after 15 minutes I have a renewed energy and I am able to sustain 140bpm+ for 20 minutes

Relive link

jond

Zen MBB Master
Your training in sleep deprivation is the story. Lol.

Barry I reckon our individual physiology and capacity for recovery can be challenged not just by a training regime but by your mind and sensibilities

Over the last few decades I have seen fitter stronger long distance cyclists fail and left crying on the side of the road Only later to be passed by smarter less fit cyclists
Point being you don’t always need to be as fit as you can be to achieve remarkably

The precious cycling you are able to do is very obviously much appreciated

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
What I find is I am able to sustain this effort for 45 minutes then I fade but after 15 minutes I have a renewed energy and I am able to sustain 140bpm+ for 20 minutes
45 minutes is about the time it take to deplete enough glycogen to force the body to switch to fat burning mode. 15-20minutes is about the time it take that engine to become efficient. What your describing is very atypical