Introducing the Cruzbike Underseat Scarab Bag

Robert Holler

Administrator
Staff member
OK everyone - introducing a new lightweight cargo option for the Vendetta AND Silvio!

This bag has been in the works now for about a year. It has gone through several evolutions and it is ready for the market! We finally have a small run of each bag for sale here:

http://cruzbike.com/scarab-bag-v20-and-s30

A few details about this bag:

- Less than 1 lb total bag weight
- Reflective stripe all around
- Great carrying capacity (similar to a Brain Box)
- Positions the weight low - this bag when loaded is not even noticeable
- Looks great
- Easy on and off

We have tested this bag in real commuting situations and it works wonderfully. This is a great addition to have and has a larger capacity than the Norback Bag option. BOTH are great to have!

Here is a link to the installation video:

The Scarab bag sits nearly entirely within the wind shadow of the riders legs, especially on the Silvio. On both the Silvio and Vendetta, our ride tests have shown no noticeable effects on our average speeds in real riding situations where you need to carry your gear. With the Scarab your fast Cruzbike is still blistering fast!

This bag is hand made in the USA by our great friends at Black Star Bags in Portland, Oregon.

Supplies for the first run are limited so get your order in ASAP!
:)

Robert

Bag2.jpg BagFront.jpg BagS1jpg.jpg BagV1.jpg

Last edited:

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
Mrs ratz wants to know how big a laptop will fit as she's Jonsing to bike commute

Robert Holler

Administrator
Staff member
Ratz,

We will try some different laptops. I imagine a 13" for sure but we will see what we can get in there.

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
Ratz,

We will try some different laptops. I imagine a 13" for sure but we will see what we can get in there.

Excellent; she's got a work supplied 2012 Macbook 15" which is really 14.25" x 10"
I would suspect that one is still pretty common given the powerful 13" ones haven't been out that many years yet.

Robert Holler

Administrator
Staff member
Ratz,

It does look like a laptop of those dimensions will fit, but it would be a tight one I think.

Robert

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
I just love the 17" mac book pro. I could never understand why apple discontinued it. I do however find the Surface Pro 3 much more convenient and pretty sure it will go in that bag too.

Where's the video?

I just love the 17" mac book pro. I could never understand why apple discontinued it. I do however find the Surface Pro 3 much more convenient and pretty sure it will go in that bag too.

Where's the video?
I still have 2 of them. I wish they'd reintroduce them. Had to try Alienware to get something similar, and that blew up - literally - flash, bang, smoke pouring from it. Went to Mythlogic and it's worked great for a couple of years, but it's still not a Mac.

OK everyone - introducing a new lightweight cargo option for the Vendetta AND Silvio!

This bag has been in the works now for about a year. It has gone through several evolutions and it is ready for the market! We finally have a small run of each bag for sale here:

http://cruzbike.com/scarab-bag-v20-and-s30

A few details about this bag:

- Less than 1 lb total bag weight
- Reflective stripe all around
- Great carrying capacity (similar to a Brain Box)
- Positions the weight low - this bag when loaded is not even noticeable
- Looks great
- Easy on and off

We have tested this bag in real commuting situations and it works wonderfully. This is a great addition to have and has a larger capacity than the Norback Bag option. BOTH are great to have!

The Scarab bag sits nearly entirely within the wind shadow of the riders legs, especially on the Silvio. On both the Silvio and Vendetta, our ride tests have shown no noticeable effects on our average speeds in real riding situations where you need to carry your gear. With the Scarab your fast Cruzbike is still blistering fast!

This bag is hand made in the USA by our great friends at Black Star Bags in Portland, Oregon.

Supplies for the first run are limited so get your order in ASAP!
:)

Robert

View attachment 730 View attachment 731 View attachment 732 View attachment 733
BTW. Really like the look of the Silvio Ghost.