It only took 13 years!

Suz

Success!!! The lady with a bad back can finally pull her son that doesn't ride anything but a wheelchair. It's only taken me 13 years (Logan's age) to find the perfect combination. I had given up until I bought the sofrider and saw the potential.
Trike was too slow, DF popped wheelies the sofrider is JUUUUST RIGHT!!!! The approving smile from my riding partner makes it even more worth it.

This was as exciting as climbing a mountain on my Silvio! :D

Logan Bike Trailer.jpg

Logan and SR2.jpg Logan and the Sofrider.jpg

Suz

nice trailer
It's the smoothest rolling trailer I found. I tried out quite a few when my son was small and none pulled as smoothly and evenly as this. It's made by Wike, they make a variety of trailers for kids and transport of "stuff". My son is 78 lbs., plus I added a car seat and it pulls/pushes smooth as silk and feels surprisingly light.

jond

Zen MBB Master
nice rig very stylish. really wonderful to see such happiness. thanks for sharing such a moment. champion. i am smiling for you and your son.

Reactions: Suz

Suz

The tribe has made me a bit misty eyed with the kind comments. A gracious thank you.

Back to the bike ... ;) do you think there is any chance of adding air shocks to a trailer like this? Not something we absolutely need just thinking ahead and letting the mind wander. Maybe something under the car seat instead?

Charles.Plager

Recumbent Quant
The tribe has made me a bit misty eyed with the kind comments. A gracious thank you.

Back to the bike ... ;) do you think there is any chance of adding air shocks to a trailer like this? Not something we absolutely need just thinking ahead and letting the mind wander. Maybe something under the car seat instead?

Tire choice and pressure on the trailer will make a big difference as well. (I'm thinking something like Schwalbe Big Apples that are known for their comfort, but still roll well, too).

If you don't need the car seat for the seatbelts or extra support, it's likely more comfortable without it. Having him sit on memory foam pillows can go a long way for comfort (and/or foam wedges depending on your needs).

(I'm a little concerned about putting something under the car seat as it will make it less balanced and more likely to tip inside the trailer. But you can likely work through that by securing the seat to the top of the trailer.)

super slim

Zen MBB Master
Suz, I think pivoting the car seat from the front and using poly-urethane strips or discs at the back, depending on the seat and trailer frames, of different Duro ratings to vary the spring rate!
It is a VERY good trailer, with a very happy passenger, AND a great Mum!!!!

Tire choice and pressure on the trailer will make a big difference as well. (I'm thinking something like Schwalbe Big Apples that are known for their comfort, but still roll well, too).

If you don't need the car seat for the seatbelts or extra support, it's likely more comfortable without it. Having him sit on memory foam pillows can go a long way for comfort (and/or foam wedges depending on your needs).

(I'm a little concerned about putting something under the car seat as it will make it less balanced and more likely to tip inside the trailer. But you can likely work through that by securing the seat to the top of the trailer.)
I agree - the big big apples at 40 psi should be pretty cushy.

jond

Zen MBB Master
I agree - the big big apples at 40 psi should be pretty cushy.
plus 1 on the big apples. come in plus too for extra flat protection but i have not used the plus. i use the schwalbe big apples on my greenspeed gto trike and run them at 30 psi. very nice ride they roll well and last too. great tyre.